Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Vertical Labeled Line Time - Vertical Time Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Labeled Line Time - Vertical Time Line

Does anyone know of an existing indicator that will label the vertical line with a time stamp on it? I basically want to use the vertical line tool and place on a chart and it show the time of the bar that has been selected.
    Tks in advance.

Hello mcoog417,
    You can use Labelled Lines Drawing Tool from below link:-
    This is an expansion of the the NinjaTrader Lines Drawing Tool(s) that adds text boxes to each line that will show prices associated with the endpoint or where the line crosses the price scale. Vertical lines will show time stamps. Your own messages can be added to each text box. New settings can be set […]

Hope it helps!

Comment

Hello mcoog417,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Yes, there is a free add-on that you can download and install. It will provide a duplicate set of drawing tools that all have the ability to add labels to. In the case of a vertical line, it will automatically label it with the date and time.

This add-on is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
      1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
      Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you both PaulH and s.kinra. That kinda works. I don't need the date shown each time as I am marking up intraday times. Doesn't look like its configurable to just show time. I'll see if I can contact developer to modify code for just intraday. Again, thank you both for quick response.

Comment

Looks like it was created by NinjaTrader_Jim. Cannot find contact info to reach out to him. Would you know how I can reach him to ask if that change is possible? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello mcoog417,

Thanks for your reply.

That change is possible however we would not want to change the current version as there are others that are using that date and time.

We do not generally modify and provide code writing services but as the change was small to fit your need, I have modified a copy of the LabeledLines add-on that I will attach below for your use.

In the modified copy I changed line 348 from pricetime = StartAnchor.Time.ToString();

to: pricetime = StartAnchor.Time.TimeOfDay.ToString();

LabeledLinesModified.zip

When you import this it should replace the existing add-on.
            Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

PaulH. Understand. And THANK YOU for the modified one. Very much appreciated for the extra effort. You made my day!

Comment

Hello Paul
                I need to uninstall the labeled indicator now. Is their an easy way to do this? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello mcoog417,
                  You can remove it from Control Center -> New -> NinjaScript Editor -> DrawingTools -> select tool you wish to remove & hit del or right click -> delete. Hope it helps!

Comment

In my haste before I got your reply, I deleted teh folder with hit in it. Now it doesnt show it in the drawing tools list as you mentioned above. Still shows in the menu item though. I won't do anything till you reply. thanks

Comment

Hello mcoog417,

If you manually remove a NinjaScript source code file, you will have to recompile NinjaScripts in order for the script to no longer be listed in NinjaTrader menus.

If this does not remove the script from where it it listed, you may have it installed in a DLL. The script would then need to be removed from the Control Center's Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly menu.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you wil try that out. Much apprecaited

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by mintos, 04-02-2024, 08:22 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post mintos
                        by mintos