Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for inside bar indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries-just an fyi. As mentioned - I took the code from above and added edits as per your video advise (1. //add a plot, 2. //add a variable (Ibf) with state signal, 3. //this gets the variable) ...I believe the code attached is the correct code. I don't rec loading it as you would have to do a workspace recovery after. I may have achieved the results I am looking for via another method, so I'm not actively trying to get this working now-only curious for learning purposes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello JAtrades,

Thanks for your reply.

The script you provided is a market analyzer column and this is not what was provided by AlanP which was an indicator. The directions I provided was based on modifying an indicator that could be run in the market analyzer. FYI - The market analyzer has a column called indicator that would be used for any indicator that provides a signal.

If you would take the indicator Alan posted in #5 and make the modifications I pointed you to and follow the video directions you should be good to go.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah, yes... sorry to add confusion. I grabbed that code quickly when you asked-originally I did this as a column and today I realized that error...So I re-created the same thing as an indicator following the steps I've shared with you. I took Alan's indicator above (it's in my indicators - thanks Alan!), made the edits to the indicator I've described (which I learned from your video-thanks). I then added a new Market analyzer column, accessing the indicator from there and was met with the same results - broken marketanalyzer. Did you try this and confirm it works for you? I may try again for fun later-I'll let you know.

Comment

Hello JAtrades,

Thanks for your reply.

If you can post your indicator modified script we can help you get sorted at your convenience.

Comment

Now that I'm going through the steps again from scratch - I'm curious what led you to say "The script you provided is a market analyzer column and this is not what was provided by AlanP which was an indicator".
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello JATrades,

Thanks for your reply.

In post #16, the code insidebar.cs shows:

namespace NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.MarketAnalyzerColumns
              {
              public class InsideBar : MarketAnalyzerColumn
              {

Comment

oh boy- ok...I think I can see how things got broken. Sorry to make this more confusing than it needed to be.
                I am trying again from scratch - re-downloading Alan's indicator and applying the edits you suggest. I'll assume it will work.

Comment

Well hmmmm...after all of that, I've restarted and my marketanalyzer broke again! lol
                  Last edited by JAtrades; 09-09-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Attached code which is imported indicator from above, edited with the same edits as described here previously (edited areas are annotated). Add a column to market analyzer and select this indicator. Enjoy - looks like a working! Now shut down and restart and see what market analyzer looks like. Mine is:
                    Attached Files

Comment

For some more fun - try a work around by saving all your favorite columns, including the insidebar indicator column, in a template so you can get it back.

Comment

Hello JAtrades,

Thanks for your post and posting the code.

In looking through the code I see part of the issue you were having which is caused by the way the original script was created in that Alan created his own namespace for the indicators he created. This caused issue for the Market analyzer. There are also a couple of other corrections to be made. I've recreated the indicator and renamed it for you. You should be able to download and import directly and apply to a chart and/or apply to the market analyzer. I would suggest deleting your other indicator entirely.

I've attached an example of what it can look like in the market analyzer where the cell condition is if the plot = 0 to show No and if plot =1 to show yes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JAtrades-1.PNG
Views:	610
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1070292

[ATTACH]n1070293[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sweet-thanks Paul! Looks like nice work...can't wait to check it out in more detail.

JA

Comment

Hello, do you know if there is the most updated version of this bar for ninjatrader 7? Thank you

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know, my reply in post 26 contains what would be the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
                                Hello jasonw,

I added the feature which now allows the user to select the color the inside bars would be painted, see attached.

Regarding a indicator which colors the chart background depending on sessions, my colleague Paul was kind enough to point me to an existing indicator on the forum. You would have to manually define the times you’d like to shade as the indicator doesn’t use sessions, but it’ll do what you’d like.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=7&linkid=680

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
                                Hi AlanP thank for this indicator.
                                and anyone who will make changes
                                https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ad/inside-bar/
                                I dont know how to code. How to add to this indicator code so that a number would be printed under the "inside" bars on the chart.
                                thanks for any help
                                Last edited by sonia0101; 09-13-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes