Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Get value of an indicator from different input series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get value of an indicator from different input series

I'm going to explain my scenario and let's see if it's possible or not to automate this.

I have a chart which uses US equities RTH, I want to get the value of the OHLC Close[0] but using the US equities ETH, how can I do it?
    Later on, when having this value I'd like to draw a RegionHighlightY from that point of the OHLC Close[0] to the Close[0] from "yesterday", it means that the OHLC Close[0] it's the close from yesterday (using ETH very important) and then the Close[0] should be to "yesterday" too, it means the candle that has been closed at 21:59:59.

PD: I've configured 2 charts and in one I'm using US equities RTH and in other US equities ETH, the thing is I've configured this indicator of PrioDayOHLC to get the input series from ETH and print it in the panel of the RTH, it works, but don't know if it would help on the development of this new indicator I'm looking for, I say so because I already have the line (and I guess with this line the price) so I can start drawing with that point in case I can get that line programmatically once it's loaded.

Any ideas how to do this?
    Thanks in advantage.
    Last edited by cmtjoancolmenero; 04-29-2024, 12:06 PM.

Hello cmtjoancolmenero,

You can change the input series of the indicator and set the colors of the data series to transparent.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates.
    Get started with the NinjaTrader software for FREE: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStartedThis video demonstrates how to plot an indicator based off of one data s...
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mrgreentrading, Today, 08:29 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post mrgreentrading  
    Started by rbendson, Today, 08:18 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes