Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

adddata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adddata

AddVolumetric("ES 03-18", BarsPeriodType.Minute, 1, VolumetricDeltaType.BidAsk, 1);
    How do I add a series of data so that it automatically collects the same time as the graph? I want to add 5-minute volumetric data to a 5-minute graph and if I change the graph to 3 minutes, I also change the volumetric data.

Hello franatas,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it is not supported to add a data series dynamically. This is noted in the help guide:
    • "Arguments supplied to AddVolumetric() should be hardcoded and NOT dependent on run-time variables which cannot be reliably obtained during State.Configure (e.g., Instrument, Bars, or user input). Attempting to add a data series dynamically is NOT guaranteed and therefore should be avoided. Trying to load bars dynamically may result in an error similar to: Unable to load bars series. Your NinjaScript may be trying to use an additional data series dynamically in an unsupported manner.​"
    You could consider creating multiple versions of the script that add different types of volumetric series and using the appropriate script for whichever primary series you are using. For example, if you have a 5-minute chart you could use "MyScript5Min" and if you change to 3 minutes, you would switch to using the "MyScript3Min" version that adds a 3 minute volumetric series.

With all that said, there is an existing feature request to add support of dynamically loading a data series. I will gladly add your vote to that request. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-882. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thank you for using NinjaTrader.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses