Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Tooltip on SharpDX,Rectangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tooltip on SharpDX,Rectangle

Is this possible?
    I can't seem to find any code for this.

Hello Mindset,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest reviewing the following help guide page for info about using SharpDX for custom rendering:There is a section on that page titled "SharpDX Lines and Shapes" that contains information about different shapes, including Rectangles. It has links to additional resources and also a code snippet.

For an example in the platform that renders different shapes, please review the source code in the NinjaScript Editor for the SampleCustomRender indicator.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily
      Yes I read all that hence my question. so the answer is that there is no basic tooltiptext using SharpDX?
      As it turns out I no longer need this - I found a better way of exposing what I wanted - but it would be nice to know for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
        Hi Emily
        Yes I read all that hence my question. so the answer is that there is no basic tooltiptext using SharpDX?
        As it turns out I no longer need this - I found a better way of exposing what I wanted - but it would be nice to know for future reference.
        What are you referring to as tooltiptext? Do you mean the Intelliprompt in the NinjaScript Editor?

Please elaborate and provide an example of what you are referring to so I may better understand and assist you.

I appreciate your patience.

Comment

a bit like this
          New AddOn: Add tool tips to drawing objects - NinjaTrader Support Forum
          but for SharpDX drawings

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
            I see you contributed to that thread as well. As wbennettjr mentioned in post #10, SharpDX elements are being rendered and are not objects that can have a ToolTip attached to them.

ToolTips are a general C# concept that is not specific to NinjaTrader. Our support team does not offer general C# educational services. For more information, please see the following publicly available link from the Microsoft site:

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one-on-one educational services.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Ok thank you.
              I will look into that.
              Seems a strange omission on behalf of the SharpDX library, however.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post emuns