Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Agile.Net protection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agile.Net protection problem

Hi,
    suddenly I've got problems with exported assemblies. I am using NT v8.1.1.7 and Agile.Net NinjaTrader edition 6.9.1.2.
    I am using Windows 11 ARM, running in Parallels on an Apple Silicon mac.

Exported files as assemblies WITHOUT enabling protection import and work just fine.
    However, enabling the protection means the resulting assemblies import ok but then when trying to open the indicators dialogue (for example) to add an indicator to the chart, a dialogue appears with the following message...

Unable to create instance of 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.xxxxx'. Most likely either the implementation no longer exists, or there is no default constructor defined, the default constructor does not work correctly, or the 'OnStateChange' implementation for State=State.SetDefault is flawed. The type initializer for <Module> threw an exception.
    After this dialogue is clicked away Ninja is pretty much a dead duck and needs to be ended from TaskManager.

This is a drama for me, as I need to export assemblies for clients. Please assist.

Thanks in advance,
    saltminer

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for your post.

If you are using 8.1.1.7, we recommend using version 6.6.0.35 of Agile.

Does this error still occur if you export using version 6.6.0.35?

I look forward to assisting further.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Gaby,

I am not the original author, but I am experiencing the same issue with the same error message. Here is my setup.

Exported a compiled and protected indicator from NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1 using Agile.net 6.9.1.2 (latest version according to the Docs)

Imported on NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1: No problems
      Imported on NinjaTrader 8.1.1.7: Failed to add indicator to chart, got the error message about "implementation no longer exists" and froze NinjaTrader

I also tried exporting from 8.1.1.7 with Agile.net 6.6.0.35, but I get an error while exporting similar to this post
      Hi, I have a vendor license and one of my products I tried to do an update to but everyone who tried to install it is getting this error: Unable to create instance of NinjaScript 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Strategies.SSMNQ12'. Most likely either the implementation no longer exists, there is no default constructor defined, the

How should I proceed? Is there a version of Agile.net that will work on recent versions of NinjaTrader.

Thanks

Edit: I see there is a long discussion here however the conclusion does not reflect my experience.
      Hi, with the new version (8.1.2.0) it is no longer possible to import a protected compiled assembly! Exporting works without errors, but an error is displayed when importing. This apparently only affects those with Agile.net protected version Agile.net version: 6.6.0.35 I have no problems with the previous version (8.1.1.7)
      Last edited by odacovatrader; 03-08-2024, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hello odacovatrader,

Thank you for your post.

For 8.1.2.1, we recommend Agile.Net version 6.9.1.2 and for versions 8.1.1.7 or older we recommend 6.6.0.35.

I recommend trying an an uninstall and reinstall of NinjaTrader, and uninstall and reinstall the correct version of Agile for whichever version of NinjaTrader you are currently using.

If you continue to experience the same, please let me know.
        Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Gaby,

Thanks for your reply. I reached out to Agile and they gave me an updated license that is compatible with NinjaTrader 8.1.1.7 & 8.1.2.1 and Agile.Net 6.9.1.2.

It appears I didn't have the correct license version even though I had the correct version of Agile.net 6.9.1.2. Recompiling and exported from Ninja 8.1.2.1 is working now.

Comment

Originally posted by odacovatrader View Post
            Hi Gaby,

Thanks for your reply. I reached out to Agile and they gave me an updated license that is compatible with NinjaTrader 8.1.1.7 & 8.1.2.1 and Agile.Net 6.9.1.2.

It appears I didn't have the correct license version even though I had the correct version of Agile.net 6.9.1.2. Recompiling and exported from Ninja 8.1.2.1 is working now.
            Same problem over here. Agile doesn't work anymore. I am client for several years and never had any problems.

After reading their support reactions I concluded that not everybody at Agile knows about this problem and the correct solution.

Just send a screenshot from your post #5 to Agile. Hope that will help as I am unable to protect compile my indicators.

If you follow the instructions from NT8 "For 8.1.2.1, we recommend Agile.Net version 6.9.1.2"​ you are unable to use Agile.net.

Last edited by marcus2300; 03-30-2024, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Just got a new license and things work again perfect like before.

That's what Agile said:
              "The new license lets you use Agile.net for NT v6.9.1.2 for protecting add ons targeted for NT v8.1.2.0 and 8.1.1.7"

Comment

Originally posted by saltminer View Post
                Hi,
                suddenly I've got problems with exported assemblies. I am using NT v8.1.1.7 and Agile.Net NinjaTrader edition 6.9.1.2.
                I am using Windows 11 ARM, running in Parallels on an Apple Silicon mac.

Exported files as assemblies WITHOUT enabling protection import and work just fine.
                However, enabling the protection means the resulting assemblies import ok but then when trying to open the indicators dialogue (for example) to add an indicator to the chart, a dialogue appears with the following message...

After this dialogue is clicked away Ninja is pretty much a dead duck and needs to be ended from TaskManager.

This is a drama for me, as I need to export assemblies for clients. Please assist.

Thanks in advance,
                saltminer

From: RJay Innovative Trading Solutions <[email protected]>
                Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2023 6:28 PM
                To: SecureTeam Client Services <[email protected]>
                Subject: Agile.net Version 6.9.1 Crashing Ninjatrader 8.1.1.7

Hi,

Since I recently renewed my license and installed this version of your software, All exports of products with this version of encryption causes NT8 to pop an error message and then Ninjatrader locks up. The task manager is needed to clear and close Ninjatrader. The problem can be reproduced by installing any encrypted indicator to a target computer. When you right click on any chart in Ninjatrader to and select indicators in the list, the problem occurs.

This problem has brought my business to a halt.

Thanks.

Innovative Trading Solutions LLC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SecureTeam Client Services
                <[email protected]>
                12/28/2023 2:10 AM
                RE: Agile.net Version 6.9.1 Crashing Ninjatrader 8.1.1.7
                To RJay Innovative Trading Solutions​

I just sent you a new license that is compatible with both NT v8.1.2 and 8.1.1

Please remove your existing Agile.net license key (.lic file extension), the license file is stored in %localappdata%/AgileDotNet

Once you complete this step run AgileDotNet.exe and register using the license provided.

Use Agile version 6.9.1.2

Regards,

Michael Avidar | Client Services
                SecureTeam
                SecureTeam is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment

RJay
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM