Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

price of candle going through sma for four candles. is there code for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price of candle going through sma for four candles. is there code for this?

i'm trying to code an automated strategy that involves price of a candle running through an sma line. is there logic for this? i'm trying to have price of candle go through sma of low 3 four times. then on fifth candle the whole candle is below the sma. is there code for that? from bars ago it reads the 1st candle is completely below the sma. 2,3,4,5 bars ago price of candle intersects sma.

Hello SteveReiza,

Thanks for your post.

I am not certain I understand exactly what you want to accomplish based on the information provided.

When you mention "sma of low 3 four times" are you referring to the Low price being less than the SMA indicator plot?

Could you please provide a screenshot demonstrating exactly what you are trying to accomplish so we may accurately assist?
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for reply. i attached what i was referring to. there is three candles that have a bollinger line go through them. that's what i'd like to code. there is an instance of four candles like this on a keltner channel line that i want to make into a strategy - i scratched the sma idea.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

Thanks for your notes.

You could check if the Bollinger().Middle[0] plot is less than the High[0] price of the bar and create a condition checking if the Bollinger().Middle[0] plot is greater than the Low[0] price of the bar. This would need to be checked for barsAgo 0, barsAgo 1, and barsAgo 2 to check for 3 bars in a row.

The CountIf() method could be used to accomplish this by surrounding the single condition with (condition1 && condition2).

See this help guide documentation for more information about the CountIf() method and sample code: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/countif.htm
        Bollinger: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nger_bands.htm
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

oh that's awesome. yes! that's what i was looking for. many thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes