Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

After the Update, I am no longer debug my program, How to Fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the Update, I am no longer debug my program, How to Fix it?

Hi,

I just updated the software with the current version. Now I am having trouble debugging the program. It is always showing 'The breakpoiint will not be currently be hit. The breakpoint is different from the original version' even though I just recompiled the program. When I open the visual studio using NinjaScript editor link, it is also showing 'Current solution contains incorrect configurations mapping.It may cause projects to not work correctly. Open the configuration manager to fix them'.

Please help.

Thanks

Hello kezyclaire,

To enable breakpoints to be hit you can follow the directions in the pop up message that you are quoting. You need to enable the setting that visual studio is suggesting. For the other error that is a visual studio specific message and is not something our support has details about. This may be caused if you have saved the visual studio solution which will generate a .sln file which NinjaTrader does not use. You can delete the solution file to try and remove that message. The .sln file would be located next to the .csproj file in the documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom folder.

I have quoted the steps to enable breakpoints below, These instructions come from the Microsoft documentation on Troubleshooting Breakpoints in the Visual Studio Debugger:​

To modify a single breakpoint, hover over the breakpoint icon in the editor and select the settings (gear) icon. A peek window is added to the editor. At the top of the peek window, there's a hyperlink that indicates the location of the breakpoint. Select the hyperlink to allow modification of the breakpoint location and check Allow the source code to be different from the original.

To modify this setting for all breakpoints, go to Debug > Options and Settings. On the Debugging/General page, clear the Require source files that exactly match the original version option. Make sure to reenable this option when you're finished debugging.
    If a breakpoint is disabled or couldn't be set, it's displayed as a hollow circle. Look here information on problems that can occur when setting breakpoints.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi KezyClaire,

I had the same experience as you. Did the following to resolve:

For the error: "Current solution contains incorrect configurations mapping. It may cause projects to not work correctly.":
      In the end non of the config changes for platform and CPU seemed to help. What did help so far is this:
      I get this error in VS: Current solution contains incorrect configuration mappings. It may cause projects to not work correctly. Open the Configuration Manager to fix them. I then open Configurat...

Hope this helps, give this post a like if it did
      Frank
      Last edited by ScaleInTrading; 03-29-2024, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Hello Adfra,

We would not suggest the steps that you provided as you are manually moving files the platform may be using. The currently supported way for breakpoints to be hit is to enable the option in visual studio mentioned in post 2, that allows breakpoints to be hit without any manual moving of files and is what development recommends doing.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Jesse ,

I have updated my post above accordingly. 24h later I found the steps I had provided caused undesired side-effects which I had not noticed initially and the problem with unaligned code bases re-occurred shortly after. Like others on the forum I have not seen these issues in the past and letting the code base deviate from what is being debugged makes no real sense and also causes issues as the two drift apart (breakpoints are in places in the compiled dll other than highlighted visually in VS, stepping through the code won't work correctly etc.). So the current official NT position on this is not really a workable solution either. I will provide another update if I find a solution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes