Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT Version (8.1.2.0) import error with a protected compiled assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
    Isn't this satisfied by checking the account name?
    All I'm saying here is that if they're going to add something, it seems to me it would be of more value to know if a specific ACCOUNT is a live one than if the platform as a whole has live trading entitlement. Obviously, they could add both, but if this is a safety measure, or perhaps, a question of product costing more to "trade live", you'd want to check the trading account, not the platform user entitlement, I would think... maybe I'm missing something here.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
      All I'm saying here is that if they're going to add something, it seems to me it would be of more value to know if a specific ACCOUNT is a live one than if the platform as a whole has live trading entitlement. Obviously, they could add both, but if this is a safety measure, or perhaps, a question of product costing more to "trade live", you'd want to check the trading account, not the platform user entitlement, I would think... maybe I'm missing something here.
      Exactly.

Heheh ... that comment sounds like it should be coming from me.

I mean, that's kinda what I'm curious about.

If LiveTrading reflected a user entitlement based upon the license
      key and whether the platform would allow trading a live account,
      why is the lack of that feature (going forward) so debilitating that
      bifurcating product releases seems like the best solution?

Comment

bltdavid Only if the product is being licensed by the vendor on the basis of whether the NinjaTrader is a live trading license, but if that is the case, wouldn't it be better to do it such that they just couldn't run it on a "live" account, hypothetically?
        Bruce DeVault

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB Thank you for chiming in here! But, this one part, specifically, does not appear to be true, and also, directly contradicts what SecureTeam is telling us. Are you certain? Have you tried this? Importantly, when you test, you must use the NinjaTrader Edition not the Commercial Edition that development is using to protect the platform itself. According to SecureTeam, the NinjaTrader Edition is not the same in this regard. I could be misunderstanding, but I do not think that I am. Also, several users above have confirmed that they were unable to import scripts exported from 8.1.2.0 with Agile 6.1.9.2 into NT 8.1.1.7. Lastly, in the help guide, it says to use 6.6.0.35 for 8.0.28.0 but leaves out that you must use 6.6.0.35 for 8.1.1.7 because 6.1.9.2 is not compatible according to SecureTeam. Could you please confirm these facts? Hopefully, I am misunderstanding. If you are correct, that would be great.
          Hello Bruce,

Unfortunately, our support team does not have licensing for Agile, and we depend on our development team to do testing with this.

This is what our development has told us, but we advise you remain vigilant and report any issues if you find this is not working as we are expecting.
          Would immediately report any issues to our development for investigation.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post

Hello Bruce,

Unfortunately, our support team does not have licensing for Agile, and we depend on our development team to do testing with this.

This is what our development has told us, but we advise you remain vigilant and report any issues if you find this is not working as we are expecting.
            Would immediately report any issues to our development for investigation.
            Hi NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, I tested this, and it doesn't work, look at my post #51 What is so difficult to understand about my post #51? How long do we have to talk here and waste time until something finally happens?​
            sidlercom80
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB Additionally, I don't want to post my private emails with SecureTeam here on the public forum, but I will say, I asked them directly if the 6.9 version of the NinjaTrader Edition would work at all when the assemblies were imported into NT 8.1.1.7 and they said directly that no, it would not. They also said that my Commercial Edition license WOULD be backward compatible. So, we have a situation here where if I take at face value what the vendor is telling me, the NinjaTrader Edition of Agile.NET is not intended to be backward compatible - 6.9 is not intended to be importable into NT 8.1.1.7 or 8.0.28.0. That is something I think you need to discuss with SecureTeam directly - I'm telling you what they told me so unless there is a miscommunication that is the ground truth here. I'm not rooting for this to be true - I'm rooting for you to be right and SecureTeam to be wrong, but that is not what they are telling me, and it is not what the developers in this thread have found via testing.
              Bruce DeVault

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB Some dlls compiled and obfuscated with Agile on older versions of NT/Agile won't work on 8.1.2.0 either. I don't know yet why some of them do and some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by frslvr View Post
                  NinjaTrader_ChelseaB Some dlls compiled and obfuscated with Agile on older versions of NT/Agile won't work on 8.1.2.0 either. I don't know yet why some of them do and some don't.
                  When they fail, how do they fail?
                  Bruce DeVault

Comment

When they fail, how do they fail?
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:024|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.Data.BarsType' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:027|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.Data.BarsType' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:029|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:043|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:046|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:052|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:058|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:060|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:065|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:069|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.DrawingTool' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:081|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.ChartStyle' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
                    2023-11-14 12:40:06:083|0|4|Unable to retrieve type info for 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.ChartStyle' from assembly 'SlingShotStrategy_NT8_1007b': Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.​

Comment

I would just add to this that they actually put back NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.MachineId, so you can check that in both 8.0 and 8.1 if you wish. That is what I would recommend that you do, for compatibility reasons. Maybe you can use a proxy measure to determine if it's a live trading account rather than checking the entitlement, although I would absolutely support them opening that up as a public property so we can just read the boolean (again). I would imagine what you really want to know is if the account is a live one, rather than whether the license is a live one, but I could be mistaken.
                      As mentioned in my original post, I know the saga of NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.MachineId and have been using NinjaTrader.Cbi.UserEntitlement.MachineId since it was reintroduced in 8.1.

As for Live Trading, a little explanation may help:
                      • Traders can trade live brokerage accounts or "not live" accounts (Demo or Sim)
                      • When attempting to trade a live brokerage account, an entitlement to do so is required in the NinjaTrader platform
                      • In 8.0, that entitlement came from the licence and was easily detected by checking NinjaTrader.Cbi.License.LicensedFeatures for NinjaTrader.Cbi.LicensedFeature.LiveTrading
                      • In 8.1, with the migration to NinjaTrader.Cbi.UserEntitlement, that particular information was not migrated, unfortunately, and so remains undetectable, at least in a manner that correlates with 8.0
                      • This is all about detecting if the NinjaTrader platform is entitled to trade live brokerage accounts; i.e. the user has obtained the right to trade live accounts, be it by purchase or some other means [in 8.1, this equates to the NinjaTrader User Login Account having that entitlement enabled]
                      • This is not about detecting if any particular connected account is a live brokerage account -- that can be done easily quite separately
                      Why does this matter?
                      • Historically (i.e. pre-8.1), in my software I have checked the user entitlement in the platform​ to trade live brokerage accounts
                      • This is useful if a user connects to a live account for use as a data feed, but cannot submit trades to it because there is no entitlement to trade it because it is a live account and entitlement to trade live has not been obtained
                      • Testing, even just a single Strategy, may mean live brokerage accounts connected for an extended period of development time before deciding to purchase the entitlement to trade live
                      • Anyone who develops any NinjaScript Strategies or AddOns may have two (or more!) separate NinjaTrader environments (usually on separate systems, but that's not essential)
                      • Multiple environments make it more likely for one to be in the "wrong" environment when attempting to place a trade
                      • It's way more customer-oriented to make clear to anyone attempting to place a trade whether they are able to do so before actually attempting to place it, rather than generate a platform error after the fact
                      • Checking this can also allow "soft disabling" of trades in the AddOn (in my case) on live brokerage accounts where there is no entitlement, very much more elegant and person-focussed than otherwise
                      • All of this is by way of keeping users very well informed and avoiding unnecessary platform errors -- the customer is the priority!
                      Hope that makes it clear.

Thanks.
                      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                      jeronymite
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB Hi Chelsea,
                        I have just downloaded the latest version (8.1.2.1) from here https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...ed#post1279536
                        and unfortunately I have to tell you that when importing an assembly compiled from agile NT version (6.9.1.2) there are still errors and NT even crashes! I created a protected assembly with version 8.1.2.1, I was able to successfully import this into the same version 8.1.2.1 and also load the product successfully without errors. Then I tried to import the same package into version 8.1.7.1. The import went without errors and the NT was restarted. When I then tried to open the indicator window to load the indicator, this error message appeared and NT crashed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	i_view64_6xQtvaF8Ji.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1279585
                        There are no log entries, just this message via window.

I thought the problem was fixed with this new 8.1.2.1 according to the fix list, or did I misunderstand something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	brave_tE52qyaqgU.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1279586
                        sidlercom80
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Originally posted by sidlercom80 View Post
                          Then I tried to import the same package into version 8.1.7.1.
                          Typo?

Comment

Hello sidlercom80,

Thanks for your notes.

Since our support team does not have licensing for Agile and we depend on our development team to do testing with this, please perform the test below and write in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to share your log and trace files for 8.1.1.7 and 8.1.2.1, the assembly exported from NT 8.1.2.1, a demonstration video showing the NT version, Agile version, and steps you are using when exporting a protected assembly from NT 8.1.2.1, and the source files included in the protected assembly export.

I will share the information with the Development team so they may look into this matter further.

In the body of the email, include "Attn: BrandonH" and in the body of the email include a link to this forum thread.

Please perform the test below and share the information noted above.
                            • First, create a clean environment for NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1.
                            • Download the SampleUniversalMovingAverage reference sample from the link below.
                            • Import the indicator onto your platform.
                            • Then export the indicator as a protected assembly using Agile 6.9.1.2.

SampleUniversalMovingAverage: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
                            1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8.1.2.0 OLD"
                            2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall NinjaTrader 8.1.2.0 using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
                            3. Perform the test noted above.

Then, create a clean environment for NinjaTrader 8.1.1.7 by following the steps below, import the assembly you just exported from 8.1.2.1, add the indicator to the chart window, and report your results.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
                            1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8.1.2.0 Test"
                            2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall NinjaTrader 8.1.1.7 using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
                            3. Import the SampleUniversalMovingAverage assembly you exported from 8.1.2.0.
                            4. Add the indicator to the chart window and see if the same behavior occurs.

After following the steps above, do you see the same error message appearing or does the 8.1.2.1 assembly import into 8.1.1.7 and is able to be used without issue?

Please share the information noted above with us so I may share it with the Development team.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
                              Since our support team does not have licensing for Agile and we depend on our development team to do testing with this ...
                              Beg pardon, but why is that?

Seems like an example of managerial incompetence to me.

If you are going to support the product, and be the face of all
                              product support -- you need all the tools to do so.

Otherwise, some day (like now), you're gonna look stupid,
                              er, I mean, you'll be phenomenally ineffective at your job.

Hasn't your support dept requested these Agile licenses?

Last edited by bltdavid; 11-28-2023, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I will be happy to pay for NinjaTrader support to have a NinjaTrader Edition Agile.NET license. Just send me the MAC address of your test machine.
                                Bruce DeVault

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by MSerag, 05-06-2024, 11:52 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post MSerag
                                by MSerag