Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automate Entry And Management Of Trades, Through Telegram Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automate Entry And Management Of Trades, Through Telegram Signals

Hey

I wanted to ask, I'm a Python programmer (I don't understand C# that much), and I'm interested in automating entries into trades based on an external source that sends signals, there's no need for any integration with indicators or additional strategies other than entering and exit trade, stop management.

My questions are:
    1. What are the ways to do it (API, Webhook, DLL), and what does it require?
    2. Is there a way to do everything in Python
    2. Are there ready-made services that you know of?

Thanks in advance!​

Hello torento1,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader does have an API available as a C# managed assembly. Support for the API is very limited.

The Application Programming Interface (API) is available in NinjaTrader.Client.dll (managed) files to use in an external application to interface with NinjaTrader.

Support for the API is limited from NinjaTrader Support. We are not able to assist with any code in an application external to NinjaTrader. We are able to detail the usage of any methods available from the API.

Below I am providing a publicly available link to the help guide that lists the functions available to the API.

Help Guide NT8 API functions - https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/functions.htm

Please also refer to this forum post link for more information about the NinjaTrader API — https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...art#post793626

I am not aware of any ready-made services to accomplish this.

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on the topic if anyone has tips for unsupported external application code.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
    4 responses
    1 like