Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM enhancement for scalpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM enhancement for scalpers

the ATM is a good tool....

but it could be improved for scalpers who want to set a very tight AutoBreakEven

In this case there is some risk with the current ATM implementation because once there is a position small movements can hit the Auto BreakEven and then jump back before the ATM can move the Stop to the Plus Setting

this causes a pop up error that the order cannot be placed (i.e. the stop cannot be moved)

not good for a scalper because the intention was to exit the position in this case, and now the scalper must clear the pup up and manage the missed stop movement

better then, that there is an additional "virtual stop - Plus setting" that is enforced by the ATM which exits the position even if the stop order cannot be moved for any reason

it could be a parameter on the Stop Strategy, to implement virtual stops as well as real order stops

I intend to implement this myself via OnOrderUpdate, and monitoring the current price from OnBarUpdate (Price Change)

That would be great not only for scalpers but for anyone in a highly volatile market. Additionally, the error messages about wrong price orders should have the ability to be disabled. I know that it's possible to disable them via an addon, but that's a bad solution.

Comment

Hello Leeroy, also for unattended automated trading these popups are a nightmare.for overfills

..the only way I got around it was to immediately cancel amu remaining non-filled orders from a partial fill

(I'm not a ninjascript guru, and I know of at least one other who has done a good job...but it seems to be an extreme amount of code to manage partial fill and stops that could not be moved)

Comment

Leeroy...could you share any add on code that will recognize a specific type of pop up and automatically close it?

Comment

Here.

But it suppresses all NT errors! Can be dangerous.

Comment

Hello llanqui,

Thanks for your post.

I have submitted your feature request to the Development team for implementing virtual stops as well as real stops for ATMs.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-6034.

We are tracking interest for adding the option to disable pop-up errors from occurring and I have added your vote to this feature request.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-671.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses