Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Launch Pad's Indicator compilation error '...DrawingTools.Line.. not referenced'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launch Pad's Indicator compilation error '...DrawingTools.Line.. not referenced'

Hello Everyone,

i'm practice coding using the ebook NinjaScript Programmers Launch Pad V8, and

Tried unsuccessfully to load their free 'Launch Pad's Trade Setup Indicator Framework', downloaded from Ninjatrader Ecosystem, link:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...tor-framework/

Get compilation error (below) when tried to compile Launch Pad's indicators (e.g.: LpadMktTrendAnalyzerV.cs, or any other one) ,
    The Following programming errors must be resolved:
    NinjaScript File Error Code Line Column
    @AndrewsPitchfork.cs The type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Line' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NinjaTrader.Custom, Version=8.1.1.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. CS0012 19 11

​I cannot add NinaTrader.Custom.dll to the reference in Ninascript editor (it gives error), so i'm stuck ;-(

I'm running NT8 8.0.27.0 64-bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated​!
    Attached Files

Hello junkmail123,

It looks like the user that uploaded this used 8.0.6.1 which is a very old version, this import contains an old version of the system indicators. When you import items you always want to select No when it asks to replace any system indicator so you don't accidently replace it with an old non working version.

To fix this you would need to do a repair on the platform to replace the system indicators. You do that by re installing the platform. The .27 installer is no longer available so you would need to either update to .28 or try and use the windows add remove program menus repair button. If the repair button does not work upgrading would be the only solution. If you need to upgrade I would suggest to first uninstall the platform so it removes the system indicators and then install the new version.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse, Thank you for the prompt response and suggestions.

Did the "Repair" method on NT8 8.0.27, and tried re-import the AddOn/Indicator and declining updates to @SMA, @RANGE,

however the Import failed and still getting the same compiler error "The type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.Line' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced.​".

I will try to upgrade to NT8 8.0.28 in the near future, and will try again at some point.

Any other suggestions you may have greatly appreciated, perhaps can just remove/replace the offending code or some other work-around that you know of, thank you!

Comment

Hello junkmail123,

To remove the error you previously pictured would require reinstalling the system drawing objects so you have the current version. If the repair did not replace the drawing tool you can manually delete the file and run the repair again. The drawing object would be in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools\@AndrewsPitchfork.cs You may also want to remove the @Lines.cs file due to the error you are seeing.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses