Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader 9 feature wish-list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 9 feature wish-list

Hi Devs,
    I know theres no foreseeable release date and the DEVS are working harder than we can imagine, I just figured id ad some things I think would be awesome to see for my 2 cents:
    - Two environments, one chart Window environment for the people that jus use it, and one fully customizable chart window environment give devs access to everything we possibly can.
    - Multi Chart Panels per indicator
    - Access to the focus of any open window and any Event handlers
    - Better window handling for multiple monitors, Im sure we all have multiple monitors, but my saved windows never reopen in the correct place and when i drag across monitors i always get issues. I'd love to see it save my display pixel dimensions, reopen perfectly every time, and consider my WINDOWS TASKBAR so it doesn't block it off.
    - Multi-Focus instead of forcing us to click out of a window like if you open up the strategy window on chart
    - Future update ability to Future versions of C#
    - Overall more Developer freedom
    - Saving optimization and backtest results to be reopened in Ninja's proprietary analyzer.
    **The freedom for us to essentially develop our own platform on top of NINJAS framework is really where i think NINJATRADER shines. It has allowed me to become profitable and see the market the exact way I imagined. I would love to see them capitalize on having the most Developer Capabilities and freedom which it already does a great job at.
    Utilitizing the event-driven nature of on bar update has made analysis 10000X easier than coding a custom platform and using ticks and that's just phenomenal.**

If this post doesn't get taken down id love to see more people add what features they'd like to see and i will add any when i think of them.
    I would recommend we focus on features instead of bugs that way we don't stress the devs out and just give them ideas.

Thanks,

Hi Entwaze, thanks for posting. I will check the existing feature requests that match your requests and make new ones if they do not exist.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IMO the biggest big-picture architectural issues with Desktop are:

Upgrade to latest .NET and C# versions.
      Replace all the nested components that are out of date with modern versions.
      Replace SharpDX with something that is supported.
      Resolve reliability concerns e.g. push-pop-imbalance, read-write-lock-slim and so forth that do not seem to ever get really resolved.

The other things matter but are just sort of details in comparison.
      Bruce DeVault
      QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

QuantKey_Bruce The legend himself lol. Thanks for the high-level analysis, I've only been in the dev environment for roughly half a year, but I'm determined to master it and get ready for ninja 9.
        can you explain a little bit more about thepush pop imbalances and where you're seeing them?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post jgualdronc  
        Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Touch-Ups