Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

30 min opening range breakout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 min opening range breakout

Hello, I have an an opening range breakout indicator that plot the High and the low of the first 30 min, i back test it manually and the results are fantastic, does anyone with coding knowledge could help automate the strategy, it is not complicated, few simple rules two contract two targets , thank you

Hello yahalomi3,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. Further, we do not provide C# programming education services or one on one educational support in our NinjaScript Support department. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our associates.

That said, through email or on the forum we are happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself. We are also happy to assist with finding resources in our help guide as well as simple examples, and we are happy to assist with guiding you through the debugging process to assist you with understanding unexpected behavior. If you'd like to script this yourself, please provide more details regarding what parts of the strategy you need help with and we'd be glad to offer assistance.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.

Otherwise, this thread will remain open in case any of the members of the forum community would like to help you with developing your strategy.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am in the process of trying to do the same - build a strategy to test some 30min ORB setups. So I would interested to know how to code it too in Ninja script. I started to build the strategy but am not sure how to pull in the High and low of the first 30 min bar into the 5min chart series to execute trades based on price closing above or below the 30min high or low. Specifically I am not sure how to construct that condition (checking for current 5min bars close against the 30min OR range) in the builder.

Comment

Originally posted by padaytrading View Post
        I am in the process of trying to do the same - build a strategy to test some 30min ORB setups. So I would interested to know how to code it too in Ninja script. I started to build the strategy but am not sure how to pull in the High and low of the first 30 min bar into the 5min chart series to execute trades based on price closing above or below the 30min high or low. Specifically I am not sure how to construct that condition (checking for current 5min bars close against the 30min OR range) in the builder.
        Hello padaytrading,

Thank you for oyur note.

If you would like to check the close price of one bar type/time frame compared to another bar type/time frame, you will first need to add any additional data series on the "Additional data" screen of the builder:

Next, you can compare the close price of two data series on the "Conditions and actions" screen. I have created a video example that shows the steps of adding an additional 30 minute series for the same as the primary instrument, and if you were to load the strategy on a 5 minute series then you could compare the close of the primary 5-min series to the added 30-min series such as the example in the video:

Here is a help guide page with example conditions for the condition builder, including price data comparisons:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses