Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to modify Shapes in Drawing tools to lock to price and time, per details below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to modify Shapes in Drawing tools to lock to price and time, per details below

Hi,
    I am using the rectangles drawing tool from shapes. When the chart is resized the rectangle shape remains constant while price and time (at the edges of the rectangle) change per scaling.
    Is it possible to modify shapes.cs such that a toggle to lock / unlock shape is present. When locked the price and time at each corner is maintained I.e. if chart is resized the rectangle changes size to remain locked to price and time. Also how to add feature of being able to enter price and time for each corner and "set lock" - once locked the move function should not respond,
    TIA for pointers on how to do this.

Hello suraj,

Thank you for your post.

You mentioned that the "rectangle shape remains constant while price and time (at the edges of the rectangle) change per scaling." Please advise what steps you are taking to observe this result. If you double-click on the rectangle to open up the drawing objects window, do you see a difference in the start time, start y, end time, and end y in the "Data" section? If possible, please take a screenshot of the before and after to demonstrate what you are referring to with the changes demonstrated during chart scaling.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM