Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Have a few simple general questions regarding ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a few simple general questions regarding ninjascript

1.) From what I can tell the answer to this will be yes, but I have to ask because all last week I spent setting up a tradovate account an learning their api because the documentation stated that they allowed for websocket connections for live data access...then I came to find out that CME changed some rules back in september where you had to be a registered data reseller and give them ~$300 a month to receive live data, causing tradovate to have to deny requests unless you went through this process (and this wasn't mentioned in their api documentation). So my question in this regard is: Do we have access to live market data from ninjascripts running within the desktop application?

2.) It appears that "ninjascript" is simply a collection of libraries for c#, and the language itself is simply c#. Is that correct?

3.) If the answer to Forum is yes, is it safe to assume that access to the rest of c#'s functionality is available? Or is this a subset of c# functionality?

4.) If I have a c# library installed on my local machine, is it referencable from within the ninjatrader script context?

Hello whitwhoa11,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Yes, NinjaScripts have access to the same live data as charts from the connected data provider or brokerage.
    Note, that you will need a NinjaTrader Brokerage account, and not a Tradovate account, to connect the NinjaTrader platform.

Real-time data will be subscribed in the Client Portal.

NinjaScript can be thought of as a C# library in a way. These are classes that structure scripts as indicators, strategies, or addons, and NinjaTrader will be invoking events and methods in those classes, for example the OnBarUpdate() method, which runs when the bar update event occurs.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful resources on getting started with C# and NinjaScript.

Yes, you can reference a .NET 4.8 assembly in NinjaTrader. (Or P/Invoke an unmanaged binary with DllImport)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello whitwhoa11,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Yes, NinjaScripts have access to the same live data as charts from the connected data provider or brokerage.
      Note, that you will need a NinjaTrader Brokerage account, and not a Tradovate account, to connect the NinjaTrader platform.

Real-time data will be subscribed in the Client Portal.

NinjaScript can be thought of as a C# library in a way. These are classes that structure scripts as indicators, strategies, or addons, and NinjaTrader will be invoking events and methods in those classes, for example the OnBarUpdate() method, which runs when the bar update event occurs.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful resources on getting started with C# and NinjaScript.

Yes, you can reference a .NET 4.8 assembly in NinjaTrader. (Or P/Invoke an unmanaged binary with DllImport)
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm
      Great! Thank you. Appreciate the prompt and thorough response

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses