Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Example of Microsoft One Drive trashing my NT8 dev session.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see this issue with OneDrive goes back to at least 2021. It is still not resolved really??? I just updated my NinjaTrader, when I first installed it I did not have the windows OneDrive update but when I updated NinjaTrader I did have the windows update so now I can't use NinjaTrader. If you ask support for help they direct you to Microsoft???? Really, you think Microsoft is going to help me? With so many different trading platforms, it would be in NinjaTraders best interest to fix this. I need help with this! I have tried all the ideas....I even uninstalled OneDrive but NinjaTrader will not stop defaulting under OneDrive. If I try to open the platform it crashes. I am paying data fees every month and I can't use the platform.

Comment

Hello brownbrenda,

Thanks for your notes.

NinjaTrader should not be used with OneDrive as you will see file access violations and other issues when OneDrive tries to sync files to the cloud.​

Please move your Documents folder to your local hard drive on your PC using the following instructions:
      • Completely close NinjaTrader
      • Hover your mouse over the OneDrive icon (the cloud) in the App Tray
      • Right click and select Settings
      • Locate the 'Backup' tab
      • Under the 'Documents' Folder, select 'Stop backup'
      After stopping the backup, you will need to copy the NinjaTrader 8 folder from the original OneDrive Documents location onto the local PC.
      • Go to your Documents folder
      • Locate the 'Where are my files' icon
      • Right click and select 'Open in new window'
      • Locate the NinjaTrader 8 folder from within the OneDrive location
      • Copy and paste the entire NinjaTrader 8 folder into the documents folder on your local hard drive
      It is best to have one window open with the OneDrive documents location and one window open with the local PC documents location to achieve this.

Once you have moved all of the NinjaTrader 8 files over, you will need to do a 'soft reinstall of NinjaTrader Desktop.
      • In the search field on your Windows taskbar, type Control Panel and select this app
      • Select Programs > Programs and Features
      • Locate NinjaTrader in the list, right click, and select uninstall

Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader Desktop by logging in to your user dashboard with the following link:

After you log in, please click the Download button in the bottom left corner and click the Download button on the Desktop Application Download page.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You should check out this thread also: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...etect-onedrive
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Thank you Brandon H.!! I will try this. I have been working for 3 weeks on this. Very frustrated. I had no idea that OneDrive was like this.

Comment

​NinjaTrader already shows up in my C drive under documents. I uninstalled OneDrive but if you look at properties on the documents under the Desktop, the path is still mapping to OneDrive. If I already have NinjaTrader on the C drive, wont there be duplicates then?

Comment

I meant to include this pic.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello brownbrenda,

Thanks for your notes.

It seems that you might be confusing the Program Files directory with the Documents directory in the picture you shared.

Uninstalling OneDrive only removes the app from the PC but it does not remap the Documents folder. You would need to manually remap the Documents folder if you are completely disabling OneDrive from being used.

Otherwise, you could leave this as is as long as OneDrive isn't syncing the Documents folder anymore.

See post # 3 on this forum thread for a link outlining how to remap the Documents folder.

If you manually remap the Documents folder, note to open NinjaTrader, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, and run a compile to check for errors since remapping the Documents folder could cause NinjaScript references errors that would need to be resolved.

Comment

Hey Brandon, yes I am confused about the whole thing lol....if I understand correctly, I need to remap where NinjaTrader is under OneDrive correct? It is already on my C drive also. I guess that is part of why I am confused. I do have syncing paused right now but obviously since the path name still have OneDrive in it, that doesn't solve the issue.

Comment

My pc already was set for new apps to save to the C drive?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello brownbrenda,

Thanks for your notes.

After further investigation, no you do not have to remap the Documents folder since you uninstalled OneDrive from your PC.

As long as OneDrive is uninstalled, the issue should be resolved and you should be okay without remapping the Documents folder.

Note that sometimes the Documents folder will remap after a restart of your PC and in this case, you would need to uninstall and re-install NinjaTrader using the steps below.
                      • Close all running applications.
                      • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
                      • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                      • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
                      • Reboot your PC.
                      • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
                        • account.ninjatrader.com
                      • Once reinstalled, you will now have 2 NinjaTrader folders in your Documents, the old one and the new one. Open two file explorer windows and open the new one in one and the old one in another.
                      • Drag the following items from the old folder to the new one (folders should automatically merge)
                        • Config.xml and UI.xml
                        • Workspaces folder (if it asks to overwrite the _Workspaces.xml file, say yes)
                        • Templates folder (if it asks to overwrite anything, say no)
                        • db folder (you can overwrite any files in here)
                        • bin folder (do not overwrite ANY duplicate files).
                      • Once complete, restart NinjaTrader. You may get a few initial errors. Open a NinjaScript Editor and run a compile, then, if no additional errors are received, restart NinjaTrader.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 05-16-2023, 09:41 AM.

Comment

even after I uninstalled OneDrive, NinjaTrader still maps to OneDrive. Uninstalling it does not change that. I even installed NinjaTrader and made sure all old files were deleted and it still maps to OneDrive.

Comment

Hello brownbrenda,

Thanks for your note.

As long as you have uninstalled OneDrive the issue should be resolved and you do not need to remap any folders as previously stated.

If you restart your PC and open NinjaTrader, do you see any error messages appear? If so, what exactly do they report?

Send a screenshot of the error message by following the steps below.
                          • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
                          • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

The OneDrive sync could be causing the problem, but it's hard to say for sure. You can try a few things while waiting for the files to sync. First, ensure you have the latest updates for NT8 and Visual Studio 2022. Additionally, you can create a new project and import the necessary files from the problematic one.

By the way, if you're interested in enhancing your Microsoft skills, you can explore Trainocate's microsoft training courses. They offer various courses that can help you troubleshoot and overcome technical challenges effectively.​
                            Last edited by Mephistopheles; 05-25-2023, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Are you on Windows 10 or Windows 11?
                              --------------------------------------
                              NBA 2K20 apk obb
                              Last edited by Cardio; 05-21-2023, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post emuns