Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I put a logo in NT charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post

Z-Order is modified for the object as a whole, such as a strategy object or indicator object. If you'd like a separate Z-Order for separate items, such as the bitmap/watermark and other items like draw objects, then it would be best to isolate your bitmap/watermark logic into its own script (such as an indicator). The indicator could have a Z-Order of -1, then your strategy could call AddChartIndicator() to add that indicator with a Z-Order of -1 while the strategy objects would be able to have a different Z-Order.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

This was precisely the idea I've described with above:

Originally posted by Human#102 View Post
    A different idea I've had was to maybe create an indicator, solely for this purpose, and add this to the chart through the strategy. This solution would solve the second issue I've described, but then I need to "hide" such indicator from the indicator selection menu/window. The only way I know of how to "hide" indicators or strategies is by making them abstract, but here I do need an actual class for the implementation. (The first issue would still remain.)
    The only issue would be, that then I have an indicator showing up in the indicators menu (the window to select indicators). Preferably I would like the ability to hide it from the selection. I know there're many different threads where something like this has been asked and the only working solution I've come across is using abstract classes, which is not possible in this case. Is there a way I can make NinjaScript "skip" an indicator when creating the UI?

Comment

Hello Human#102,

Thank you for your response.

This has been discussed in various other threads, such as the following:There is no supported way to hide an indicator from the UI. You could consider putting the indicator into a new folder to help separate it from the list of other indicators in the platform.

Thank you for your time and patience.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response