Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

using the wizard with indicators with multiple variables built in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using the wizard with indicators with multiple variables built in

Hello

I have a question to ask and I would appreciate your help. To begin with, I don't know how to code and I am trying to figure out how to use the strategy builder. Lets say I have a custom made indicator that have multiple variables built into it and then I have it plot on the chart with colors if "it" is rising or falling. I have uploaded an attachment of how the indicator properties are presented

How can I translate that into a condition in the strategy. When I add it to the left, it wants me to match it with something on the right but I cant figure out what to do to create the condition that if it is rising do X or if it is falling do X

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello,
    You could check if the indicator that this indicator is based off is falling or rising. For example if this indicator is based off of the SMA you could check if the current bar is greater than the previous bar than the SMA if rising, and if it is less than it would be falling. Then based on if the current bar is greater or less than the previous bar you could have your strategy do X.

I have provided a demonstration on how you could do this with the SMA: http://screencast.com/t/9qVTFU5nkZ
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Carolscogginsi, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Carolscogginsi  
    Started by RaddiFX, Today, 10:15 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes