Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help plz...Three day low trailing stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help plz...Three day low trailing stop

I have tried dozen of times to create a strategy where long stop exit will be triggered when it touches the previous 3-day low. I would be grateful if someone could help.

Hello JT1230,

You can use Lows, which will hold an array of DataSeries objects holding historical bar low prices. A DataSeries object is added to this array when calling the Add() method in a Custom Strategy. Add a Daily Data Series to your chart so you reference daily bars.
    Code:
    [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Add(PeriodType.Day,[/SIZE]  I have included the Lows Help Guide to assist you further.

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]protected[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]OnBarUpdate()[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            {[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            stopPrice = Low[[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]];     [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2](Low[[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] <= LowestBar(Lows[[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]],[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]))[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]             ExitLongStop(stopPrice);[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            }[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            }    
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What does it meant by [ the name "ExitLongStop" does not exist in the current context] ?

Comment

Hello JT1230,

Could you please reply with your script attached, so that I may investigate this behavior further?

You can attach your strategy to your response by going to File > Utilities > Export NinjaScript > Export selected source files > select your strategy > select the right arrow > Export. The file will be located under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript.

You could post the script to your forum reply, or send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the script as an attachment. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

I think the error appears because "ExitLongStop" is for NT7 and "ExitLongStopMarket" is for NT8, please correct me if I'm wrong. And I cant seem to be able to do a backtest using this strategy

Comment

Hello JT1230,
            This is correct, if you are in NT8 you would need to use ExitLongStopMarket(). If you are still unable to backtest your strategy, use the steps outlined in my previous post to send us your script.

Comment

Is it possible for us to make three day high-low trailing stop instead of stick, percent and price?

Comment

Hello,
                Hello,

To do this, set your SetTrailStop() value to the three day low.

Code:
                [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma][LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]protected[/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Initialize()[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]        {[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]      Add(PeriodType.Day, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]        }[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma][LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]protected[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]OnBarUpdate()[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]        {[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma][LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] stopPrice = Low[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080] 0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]];    [/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]
                [/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]                  [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2](Low[[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] <= LowestBar(Lows[[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]))[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]                  SetTrailStop([/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]""[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] , CalculationMode.Price, stopPrice, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000FF]false[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] );[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]            }     
                [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                [/FONT][/COLOR]
                I have included the SetTrailStop() Help Guide to assist you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses