Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Contiuum LIVE!, There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contiuum LIVE!, There is no market data available to drive the simulation engine

Hi I am just starting to test a new strategy and I am getting the above error. I am only trying to test it against historical data on FSEX 09-15 which is now expired?

What causes this error ? my account is set to Sim

Hello GKonheiser,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This error will occur if your strategy is attempting to place live sim trades. As this is, indeed, an expired contract, there is no longer any data provided for this contract. And, because this is the case, you'll be getting that error when your strategy attempts to place a live sim trade.

I would suggest either using the Strategy Analyzer to backtest your strategy over the FESX 09-15 or ensuring that the strategy will only run on historical data if you wish to run it outside of the Strategy Analyzer.

For more information about the Strategy Analyzer, please take a look at the NinjaTrader help guide at this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...y_analyzer.htm

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zac,

when you say ensure strategy will only run on back data what do you mean, I have no logic that is specific to real time data only?

I just want to be able to apply a strategy to a chart to get a quick view of its entries and exits without using the strat analyser

Comment

Hello GKonheiser,

To ensure that your strategy will only run on historical data, you can wrap your code logic inside of an "if (Historical)" conditional statement.

Example:
        Code:
        if (Historical)
        {
             // logic
        }
        For more information about using Historical, please take a look at the NinjaTrader help guide at this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...historical.htm
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses