Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can Ninja auto trading with my strategy fast enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Ninja auto trading with my strategy fast enough?

Hi

I am design an stock trading system with Ninja software. My most concern is how fast the Ninja can work with multiple stock?

Here is my strategy:

1. using esign or DTN as the data feeding.
    2. predefine 500~2000 stocks with price ranged $15~$500. and daily average volume > 1million.
    3. trading the open 6 minutes
    4. scan all predefined stock based on first 3 of 2 minutes bar(define my strategy).
    5. enter the position after the first 6 minutes based on my strategy and some other indicator such as 50day MA,
    volume percenctage.

6. use C# to control ninja script to implement above strategy.
    My question is: if I scan 10 stocks in my local computer, ninja for sure can implement it in time. if I scan 100 stocks, 1000 stocks. can ninja implement my strategy fast enough?

Thanks!

There are many variables involved in determining that, ultimately you will need to test this and see where you run into a brick wall.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I currently have an automated trading system running on TradeStation that uses two computers to follow 2000 stocks using one-minute bars (very similar to the system described by the OP). I have been having reliability and latency issues with Tradestation. I am trying to determine if NinjaTrader could provide me with a better solution than Tradestation.

1) Are there any datafeeds that can be used with NT which will have lower latency than Tradestation and also be able to support 1000 symbols per computer?

2) Which brokers that work with NT are more reliable and have faster executions than TradeStation?

3) I have a TD Ameritrade account. While I believe it is limited to 600 symbols, would using this account with NT be a more reliable and lower latency solution than TradeStation?

4) Is there any reason to consider a combination of TradeStation and NT as an improvement over TradeStation itself (given that I already have TradeStation executing my automated strategy)?

Thanks,

A frustrated TradeStation user.

Comment

While I can't say for sure, I would say that NinjaTrader is much more flexible that ANY other program out there when it comes to doing what you want.

If the question comes down to computer resources its a different story. I firmly believe that I could have AdvancedGET, TradeStation, MetaTrader and MetaStock with twice as many charts EACH and combine the resoures used together and it would still be less of a strain on my system than NT. Whether this is the case with NT7 remains to be seen, but regardless I would rather upgrade my computer to use NT than any other platform.

Part of this could be related to mediocre multi-core support, and another part due to .NET, but NT can easily slow my computer to a crawl (dual core 2.0 laptop, 2GB RAM), where as AdvancedGET/MetaTrader/MetaStock etc are 'snappy', quick and barely cause my computer to blink. With NT on the other hand, I'm stuck with the splash screen in the way of every other application and the data-loading window in the way of that.
        Last edited by Elliott Wave; 11-26-2008, 01:30 AM.

Comment

chrismm2020,

IMO you're going to run into a memory brick wall with that many concurrent things going on. NT 6.5 has some memory "issues" if you will. I frequently run into memory limits just running 5 or 6 simultaneous strategies monitoring only a handful of symbols and time frames. And it is not my system, it is a limitation of NT 6.5.

However, I agree with the others in that NT is the most powerful solution, so I think it is worth your time to start porting your code to NT 6.5 today and then when NT 7 is released in a few months (Q1 09) the memory issues should be resolved.

Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Kraken29, Today, 12:32 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by codeowl, 02-11-2019, 05:47 AM
          23 responses
          0 likes