Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strange exit order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Please check the historical data under Minute and advise if the AUDCAD reached 1.05294 at 1:00:00 PM on April 23, 2013.

I look forward to your response.
    Please see response #13.

Comment

Hello molecool,

I wanted to add additional information here.

When viewing Forex on the chart you may need to view the Ask or Bid price to see where the fill occurred. With Forex you can have a large spread from the broker so the Last data may not match the execution at fill, but the Ask in this case most likely did at the time of execution based on the data from the broker.
      It ran the Demo account so there should have not been a large spread.

Comment

molecool,

The simulator will always fill you off of real-time bid/ask data. If you're submitting market orders, you're at the mercy of the bid/ask data that is received by the simulation engine in regards of where you are filled. And with market orders, there may be additional slippage in terms of the volume at that time.

There is no way for us to know exactly what the bid/ask data was at that time, other than looking at historical data, but this may not tell us what was received by the simulation engine at this time. The only way for you to test/debug this further is to collect/print/log the bid/ask data in real-time at the time of your execution and then compare that to your fill price.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
          It ran the Demo account so there should have not been a large spread.
          I believe that even the Sim account fills off the realtime data.

Market Order buys are always at the Ask, not necessarily the Last. Unless you know the actual Ask price at the fill time, it will be hard to say anything specific. It still seems to me that it is another case of the Market Order gods playing dice.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
            I believe that even the Sim account fills off the realtime data.

Market Order buys are always at the Ask, not necessarily the Last. Unless you know the actual Ask price at the fill time, it will be hard to say anything specific. It still seems to me that it is another case of the Market Order gods playing dice.
            I don't think that is the case here - this is FX and the spreads aren't that wide.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Please check the historical data under Minute and advise if the AUDCAD reached 1.05294 at 1:00:00 PM on April 23, 2013.

I look forward to your response.
              Just realized I had not looked under Minute - sorry. Here's the entry:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

4/23/2013 1:00:00 PM
              Open 1.05243
              High 1.05266
              Low 1.05239
              Close 1.05264

As you can see it never reached 1.05294.

Comment

If you're using Kinetick, you'll need to switch to Tick data, to look at the historical Ask prices at that time.

Moving forward, you can record the current Ask/Bid data using GetCurrentAsk() or GetCurrentBid() at the time of execution:

Code:
                		protected override void OnExecution(IExecution execution)
                		{

Print(GetCurrentAsk());

}
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
                  I don't think that is the case here - this is FX and the spreads aren't that wide.
                  As data-crunchers, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we have to apply Occam's Razor.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                    As data-crunchers, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we have to apply Occam's Razor.
                    I had a conversation with Matthew yesterday and apparently the b/a data I'm getting via Kinetick is simulated. We are talking 2.5 pip spreads vs 0.5 pip via for example IB. So I think the problem was that I wasn't connected to a broker and that the platform was executing against artificial calculated b/a spreads.

I've put in some logging code and will know pretty soon weather it was the bid at that time or if NT7 is screwing around somehow. Hoping it's the former as that would be addressed via live trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Fitspressorest  
                    Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Jonker