Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Compare price from yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compare price from yesterday

Hi,

I am struggling with two connected issues in what appears to be a simple price comparison. The following line of code is trying to compare the price at 7:10 to a price yesterday which is 300 1-min bars ago.

if (Close[0] > Close[300] && ToTime(Time[0]) == ToTime(7, 10, 0))

[1] The first problem is that a look back 300 bars ago doesn't appear to work. It does work for smaller numbers like 10 but I'm assuming there is some limit here. What I really would prefer is to be able to specify the exact time I am interested in, for example yesterday's 14:30 or 16:30 price. So, first question, is there a limit on how many bars I can specify and better still can I specify a time to take a price from instead?

[2] There is a second problem with me choosing this 7:10 time. For a low volume market during the first hours of electronic trading, it is possible that there is no bar for a given minute as nothing has traded. On the face of it, that means that if I generically look back 300 bars I will get back to differing times in yesterday which is far from ideal. I thought that maybe if I specified that the market hours were set to start at 7:10 then I could get rid of the random bar issue but I can't see a way of specifying a bespoke trading period for a market and even if I can, this may be only for charting purposes and the underlying strategy may still read all the available data anyway. Is this correct?

Many thanks,
    darmbk.

darmbk, if you check your Control Center log tab, any errors mentioned there when you run your study?

You are likely running into with referencing this many bars back - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3170

You could work with GetBar() though as alternative - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ightsub=Getbar

Correct, there's no guarantee you would see at 1 min bar at your specified time - it depends on the market and liquidity. You could look into running on a custom session template, those would define the times for the charting and also for any scripts run on this chart then - you can setup under Tools > Session Manager.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Carolscogginsi, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Carolscogginsi  
    Started by RaddiFX, Today, 10:15 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes