Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

WaitUntilFlat programmable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WaitUntilFlat programmable?

Hi,
    Is there some way to set WaitUntilFlat for each individual strategy? I am always running 5+ strategies simultaneously and they all usually hold positions for several days or longer. So if I need to take Strategy A down to modify it then when I want to start it up again I have the WaitUntilFlat dilemma. All of my other strategies are in positions and when I start StrategyA again it is in now in a virtual position. Now let's say I need to disable all of them for a weekend backup (happens every weekend). When I re-enable the strategies, I want WaitUntilFlat = true for StrategyA but for StrategyB-D I want WaitUntilFlat = false.

Is there an easy solution? Is WaitUntilFlat settable for each strategy either in code or UI?

Thanks

joesandyego, unfortunately this would not be a setting you could control per strategy, but only globally for all strategies from the UI.

I would not have a workaround here other than changing the setting before enabling the individual strategies as needed.

I'll add your request for a strategy sensitive setting to our product management feature tracking lists.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand.
      Do I understand you that if I set watiuntilflat = false for StrategyB-D and then enable them and then set watiuntilflat = true for StrategyA and then enable it that NT preserves the watiuntilflat state for each strategy on an individual basis? So in the example above StrategyA will wait until flat before entering live trades and StrategyB-D will place live trades immediately?

Best,
      Joe

Comment

Your understanding is correct Joe, you would need to toggle as needed.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good to know. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by realblubb, 04-28-2024, 09:28 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by millonperez, Today, 07:01 AM