Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need NT7 Winform to NT8 conversion sample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need NT7 Winform to NT8 conversion sample

Where can NT7 Winform to NT8 conversion samples be found?

I need to convert this strategy using WinForm to Nt8 and would like to check some samples:
    (C#) For the semi-discretionary trader, there is a feature lacking in NinjaTrader which is easily remedied with a little C# code: customizable buttons to trigger strategies. If you watch the chart...
    Last edited by PaulMohn; 02-17-2024, 01:17 PM.

Hello PaulMohn,

Thanks for your post.

Windows Forms is no longer being used in NinjaTrader. NT8 now uses WPF/Xaml for its window framework. If you have located a Windows.Forms sample for a concept, I would suggest looking for an alternative C# WPF version instead.

Here is a sample script demonstrating using WPF modifications in a NinjaScript: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ui)-modifi.htm

Below is a public link to the Microsoft website on System.Windows.Controls.
    Provides classes to create elements, known as controls, that enable a user to interact with an application. The control classes are at the core of the user's experience with any application because they allow a user to view, select, or enter data or other information.

As NT8 uses WPF now all I can suggest is to redesign what you are doing in WPF to match the host window framework. You can search for other C# solutions related to hosting windows forms in WPF however our support would not be able to assist with anything windows forms related.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon.

Thank you for the sample. Do you have the same sample but divided into smaller parts?
      I mean each demonstrated feature to its own script, possibly with comments?
      I mean minimal scripts like this:

Use case #1: Custom top toolbar variables
      shown and commented in a 1st script.

Use case #2: Custom top toolbar variables
      shown and commented in a 2nd script.​

Use case #3: Custom right side panel variables
      shown and commented in a 3rd script.​

Use case #4: Custom menu added to titlebar (NTBar) variables
      shown and commented in a 4th script.​

Use case #5: Custom chart trader buttons variables
      shown and commented in a 5th script.​

Use case #6: Modify existing chart trader buttons variables
      shown and commented in a 6th script.​

Alternatively, do you know of a prior NT7 to NT8 converted project including Winforms?
      Possibly from the User Apps Share for easier reference?

Additionally, do you know of a NT8 WPF projet including more controls samples/examples?
      And/or a list of more/all available controls with examples if you know of some of help?
      Possibly too relevant examples you or other NT technicians know from the User Apps Share for easier reference?

I learned about Xceed. Do you have samples using it?
      What are your recommendations about it?​

Comment

Hello PaulMohn,

Thanks for your notes.

You could view the sample scripts on the forum thread below demonstrating these concepts in individual scripts.

Hello All, Moving forward this will be maintained in the help guide reference samples and no longer maintained on the forum. Creating Chart WPF (UI) Modifications from an Indicator - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ui)-modifi.htm (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/creating-chart-wpf-(ui)-modifi.htm) I've

Note that this is now maintained in the help guide reference samples and no longer maintained on the forum.

This means the SampleWPFModifications reference sample from the help guide would be the most up to date script demonstrating these concepts.

I am not aware of any other reference samples demonstrating more/all controls for WPF modifications. You would need to do some research for using WPF in C# to learn more about other available controls you could use and how to use them.

Using Xceed would go outside the scope of support we would be able to provide you with in the Support department at NinjaTrader. You would need to research this topic further to learn how to use Xceed WPF Toolkit and find example code.​
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Off topic,

Hello Paul.

Your indicator addon does not add the respective indicator after importing it into ninjatrader. This is an issue I and another user have experienced and the following post was made. Please reply to it as the indicator has great potential and I look forward to using it.

Many thanks,

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rickesh View Post
            Off topic,

Hello Paul.

Your indicator addon does not add the respective indicator after importing it into ninjatrader. This is an issue I and another user have experienced and the following post was made. Please reply to it as the indicator has great potential and I look forward to using it.

Many thanks,

Rick
            Thanks,

Hello I do not know if this is the right forum to this question, but it is not possible to reply in UserApp Submission one. Anyone knows how to make this addon (https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/_customhorizontallinesspace-addon/)work? I have installed and it does not appear in my indicator list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes