Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder: Placing an order to execute at a particular price; cancel if not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder: Placing an order to execute at a particular price; cancel if not.

Hi, I've noticed that on Strategy Builder, no matter which type of option I choose from the 'Order Management' menu to place the order, it gets executed immediately at the next bar, regardless of what price I wish to have that order executed at.

Ideally, I'm trying to set an order to execute a few ticks away from close of the bar, and if in the next bar, price does not reach that level, I'd like to take that order off. How can I set that up in Strategy Builder? Does this need code unlocking? Do you have an example or help text you can point me to?

Much appreciated! Thanks for the support.

RK.

Hello rasdaka,

Thanks for your post.

An order will only be filled when the market price reaches the price of the order.

If you would like to place an entry order a certain number of ticks away from the Close price, you could use a limit order such as EnterLongLimit()/EnterShortLimit(). You would set the Limit price of the Entry order to be the Close price and then Offset the price by a set number of Ticks.

See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...MarketPosition

By default, orders submitted via Entry() and Exit() methods automatically cancel at the end of a bar if not re-submitted. This could be seen on the Managed Approach help guide page linked below.

Managed Approach: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Let me know if I may assist you further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses