Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't a brother just pass a variable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't a brother just pass a variable?

Ok, this could get super complicated quick so I'll try to keep it simple and let you ask question if you don't follow me.
    Task: Store "AllTrades" - Quantity. Then pass the data to my "private double _sizeDoubler" so I can increase the my lot size if the last trade was a loss.
    I have wrote many different configurations. I'll leave what I feel should definitely be working below:

The following code is written below "OnExecutionUpdate".

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    private void MartingaleManagment(Order order)
    {
    double _sizeDoubler = 0;
    var lossInPips = SystemPerformance.AllTrades[SystemPerformance.AllTrades.Count - 1].ProfitPips;
    var lossInPoints = SystemPerformance.AllTrades[SystemPerformance.AllTrades.Count - 1].ProfitPoints;
    var sizeLastTrade = SystemPerformance.AllTrades[SystemPerformance.AllTrades.Count - 1].Quantity;

if (lossInPips <= 0 || lossInPoints < 0)
    {
    _sizeDoubler = (int) lastTradeQty;

if (MyMarketType == MarketType.Forex)
    {
    _posSize = _(int) _sizeDoubler * 8;
    }

else if (MyMarketType == MarketType.Other)

_posSize = (int) _sizeDoubler * 8;

}
    else
    {
    _posSize = InitialLotSize;
    }
    }

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have tries a lot of variations of this. Getting AllTrades info under "OnBarUpdate". Declairing "_sizeDoubler" as a private and public Double at the top with the other varables. What am I doing wrong here? The Logic for finding if the last trade was a loss works. I just can't get the trade size data from the last trade. Or last losing trade...

Here is another attempt:

(In OnBarUpdate)

if (SystemPerformance.AllTrades.Count > 0)
    {
    // Check to make sure there is at least one trade in the collection
    Trade lastTrade = SystemPerformance.AllTrades[SystemPerformance.AllTrades.Count - 1];

lastTradeQty = lastTrade.Quantity;
    Print("The last trade's quantity " + (lastTradeQty));
    }

(In OnExecutionUpdate)
    private void MartingaleManagment(Order order)
    {
    var lossInPips = SystemPerformance.AllTrades[SystemPerformance.AllTrades.Count - 1].ProfitPips;
    var lossInPoints = SystemPerformance.AllTrades[SystemPerformance.AllTrades.Count - 1].ProfitPoints;

if (lossInPips <= 0 || lossInPoints < 0)

if (MyMarketType == MarketType.Forex)
    {
    _posSize = (int) lastTradeQty* 8;
    }

else if (MyMarketType == MarketType.Other)

_posSize = (int) lastTradeQty * 8;

}
    else
    {
    _posSize = InitialLotSize;
    }
    }

Any thoughts?

Well never mind, I figured it out. It seems I need to get tired pushing for too long, freak out and write to you guys. Then grab a coffee and find that the answer comes to me! Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by White Fork View Post
      Well never mind, I figured it out. It seems I need to get tired pushing for too long, freak out and write to you guys. Then grab a coffee and find that the answer comes to me! Thanks anyway!
      I think it taking too long for you!

cps test

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post Anfedport  
      Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
      0 responses