Russell on ICE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russell on ICE ?

I just added to my subscription at IB so I can start to collect data from ICE.
    Should be active by tomorrow . Is there a special symbol to add to the instruments so I can chart it ? thx

Curious: what is the exact (!) symbol name you see in IB/TWS?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Curious: what is the exact (!) symbol name you see in IB/TWS?
      You enter "RUT" > than select Futures Sept.08 > Select "NYBOT" and you have a choice between a 100 and a 500 multiplier . The 100 is TFU8 .All you
      see on the TWS is RUT though .

Comment

Let's try this:
        - make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.5
        - Tools->Options->Misc-Reset instruments
        - Tools->Instrument manager-> edit instrument TF. Set IB mapping to RUT
        - restart NT and connect

Should be working

Comment

Let's try this:
          - make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.5
          - Tools->Options->Misc-Reset instruments
          - Tools->Instrument manager-> edit instrument TF. Set IB mapping to RUT
          - restart NT and connect

Should be working
          Did the above . Got ---- Error in requesting historical data from IB. No security definition has been found for the request (200) . The symbol is
          working on the TWS .

Comment

I have a pending support request with IB to figure out correct mapping. RUT likely is not the right one...

You also may consult IB trading desk to see what info they come up with.

Comment

I have a pending support request with IB to figure out correct mapping. RUT likely is not the right one...

You also may consult IB trading desk to see what info they come up with.
              Any update on this ? I understand that Sept. contract is the last trade -able contract on Globex . We need some resolution if we're going to trade the
              Russell mini on going . thx .

Comment

Sorry no feedback from IB yet. Please consult the trade desk to see if you could get any info. Thanks

Comment

Sorry no feedback from IB yet. Please consult the trade desk to see if you could get any info. Thanks
                  I've tried to get help from IB and the standard answer is that your a 3rd
                  party app and they can't help me. Honestly , the responsibility lies squarely
                  on you shoulders . The data is available and it's up to you to provide the
                  correct mapping or symbol . It's in my best interest to find the answer ,so
                  I'd certainly help if I could ,but I'm not IB or Ninja .Not sure what you would
                  expect me to do ?

Comment

Sorry I don't follow. How would we know what instrument IB will have as the exact replacement for ER2? Please ask them what you should trade instead of the ER2. Thanks

Comment

I checked IB's web site (via the contract search feature) and found the RMN, which might be the correct mapping. Please ask for confirmation if that contract (RMN) is the exact replacement for the ER2. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                        You enter "RUT" > than select Futures Sept.08 > Select "NYBOT" and you have a choice between a 100 and a 500 multiplier . The 100 is TFU8 .All you
                        see on the TWS is RUT though .
                        OK , I contacted IB and double verified that " RUT " is the correct symbol for
                        ER2 replacement . ICE apparently owns the NYBOT . As you can see from the
                        screen shot , you enter the ticker RUT and then choose between the 100 and
                        500 multiplier . 100 being the mini . On your end , routing IB/RUT mapping,
                        you try to open a chart using TF 09-08 and you just get the Error I reported
                        above .(post#5) It seems like this should work ,but it's not ???
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by T2020; 08-21-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I sent another support request to IB since I can't get it setup on our account either.

Comment

I sent another support request to IB since I can't get it setup on our account either.
                            Thanks for staying on top of this . I opened an IB chart and at the top of the
                            chart it says - TFU8@NYBOT - . Don't know if that helps any . thx

Comment

IB support told me that this is an issue with TWS which would be resolved with TWS 887. Unfortunately TWS 887 (beta) only is available as browser based platform at this time, but NT only supports the stand alone version. I suggest retrying as TWS 887 (beta) is available as stand alone version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post lightsun47  
                              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post 00nevest