Collapse

Barchart.com Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked the barchart.com web site for a quote on $TICX and the new symbol isn't displaying the correct NYSE TICK values either. Yesterday listed a High of 1310 and a Low of 1142, which is clearly wrong.

In fact, according the the barchart.com site $TICX hasn't recorded a single negative value in the last 260 days!

So the new "corrected" NYSE TICK symbol ($TICX) from barchart.com is still incorrect. I simply can't believe they wouldn't have tested this before rolling it out. Am I missing something obvious here?

Comment

Is it problem of barchart's Ninja feed or is it generally Tick and Trin in barchart are incorrect?

Comment

As Jason stated earlier, NinjaTrader acts like a radio receiver displaying the data it receives from the connnectivity provider - for data integrity issues it would be best to contact the source (BarChart) directly. To me it looks not like the 'normal' zero based tick symbol one is used to from other platforms, so you might want to check into their symbol guide for this.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No the question is - does BC have separate feed for Ninja and that feed is having the problems?

Or perhaps BC have one feed for their own software and another for 3d party software and the another is having the problems?

Comment

Please contact BarChart directly on their feed, thank you!
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maxima,

The problem barchart.com has with $TICK and $TRIN is not isolated to the Ninja Feed - it appears to be universal. You can verify this for yourself by going to their website and reviewing the quotes.

They have been aware of the problem for quite some time and haven't taken any corrective action as far as I can tell. Given how long the problem has persisted I suspect that it represents some kind limitation with their platform or infrastructure.

It may very well be that the data modeler or DBA (database analyst) who designed the original data structure may not have allowed for negative values. I know it sounds crazy, but I've seen mistakes like that happen many, many times before - even in really big (Fortune 500) companies.

Comment

I just asked.. to understand what kind of data quality BC has.. nothing personal people!

and btw - it doesnt sound crazy to me I worked in bigger companies and the quality of software is crap everythere.

Comment

BarChart and Ninja

I found out that many of the indices used or offered by BarChart are delayed 10 minutes, Advdec for the NYSE was my issue. Tick and Trin are 3 second feeds I believe but the little time I have had the service there have been lapses in connection also. Just an FYI.

Mike

Comment

**UPDATE. I figured it out. It required a manual configuration.

I want to preempt this by saying that I will contact BC again tomorrow again but was wondering if any forum members have any experience with this.

I am trying to access the NYSE advancing and declining issues. I have the market data feed (and as stated in the post below, to my dismay, is delayed 10 minutes). I received a word document of the indices from BC, but when I pull up a chart I cannot access this data. Has any was else experienced this. I cannot think what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
                    Last edited by eleven; 06-18-2009, 08:15 PM. Reason: solved my own problem

Comment

Most of data feeds (cheap and expensive) have various issues with inidicies. I found for myself is that the only way to find what is good for you is to ask for a trial....

Comment

The $TICK one seems to be working fine. The $TICX doesn't give you a tick under 0.

The $TICK uses 10,000 as the 0 line but the High Ticks of the Day and Low ticks of the day are coming in at the same time other guys i'm working with with different $tick feeds(charting platforms)

Now the #'s are off a little ya but I'm sure you could get esignal,barchart,TOS, TS or any other you can think of and the #'s will be different.

For me what's important is finding high and low ticks in their range and also when the High tick or Low tick of the day comes in.

Bar Chart says the $TICX will work properly when NT7 comes out.

Comment

Can Anyone Recommend a Data Provider for Internals Then?

Seems I'm not the only one who has been frustrated by the breadth indicators provided by Barchart. $TICK, $TRIN, ADV-DECL etc are just not reliable.

I'm looking for a data provider for EOD data (I use for correct pivot calculation and I like to see daily historic data) as well as market internals such as TICK and TRIN etc.

Can anyone comment on their experience / make a recommendation? I'm guessing that it's going to be one of:

IB / IQ Feed / Open Tick / TD Ameritrade / ????

Particularly taking into account value for money (eg, esignal is expensive).

Any guidance VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !

Cheers

Comment

What about Kinetic, did anyone try, looks like EOD is free and you can have data for TICK, TRIN for $50/month

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post futtrader  
                            Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post bltdavid