EnterLongLimit()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goldfly,

If you are already in a short position and you simply wanted to reverse at a specific price you can submit an EnterLongLimit() order immediately with no problem provided you do not violate any of these rules:

Methods that generate orders (excluding market orders) to enter a position will be ignored if:
    • A position is open and an order submitted by an exit method (ExitLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction
    • A position is open and an order submitted by a set method (SetStopLoss() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction
    • The strategy position is flat and an order submitted by an enter method (EnterLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction

Should you run into these rules you will either need to cancel the preexisting conflicting order or use Unmanaged orders.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You know, I read that before and for some reason the SetStopLoss didn't stand out to me. I couldn't get an order to take. Geez.

So all I have to do is program and manage my own stops, rather than relying on initialize. I guess I can deal with that.

Still, why not have a ReverseLimit method or some such that would wrap the process?

Comment

goldfly,

Because it is not a simple process that everyone would want to do in exactly the same manner. Some people may find it acceptable to drop their brackets to place in a reversal order. Some people may not. To be able to handle all scenarios of what users may want to try and do is why we have introduced the Unmanaged approach in NT7.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses