Anyone with similar problem on charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks...

I'll syncing my pc clock on daily basis.

But could NT add an options to reload historical data automatically when certain new bars open?

This would be good, coz now we have to reload them manually.

Or maybe instant of using gain server as live data feed, can we use NT server? This would solve a lot of problems, since gain feeds do not time stamp ticks, but NT Server does..

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
    I don't believe that would be possible but I would suggest syncing your PC clock regularly to stay as close as possible.
    Last edited by Greenmoney21; 07-13-2008, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion and I will forward it to development for the list of possible future enhancements.

As for using NInjaTrader servers for live data- it would not be possible as we are not a datafeed provider and do not have the ability to provide real-time data.
      JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
        Thank you for the suggestion and I will forward it to development for the list of possible future enhancements.

As for using NInjaTrader servers for live data- it would not be possible as we are not a datafeed provider and do not have the ability to provide real-time data.

Comment

Hi,

My understanding is that unless the supported brokerage feeds or supported market data vendor feeds provide time stamped ticks, the close of an hourly (or any other time frame) bar will be based on my PC's clock.

May I check (1)which supported brokerages (Interactive Brokers is of particular interest to me) and (2)whether all the supported market data vendors, provide time stamped ticks?

Comment

Your assumption is correct. More information regarding how NinjaTrader charts are build can be found at the link below.

You can find a list of all supported connectivity providers and the services they offer at the link below.

I suggest to contact the providers themselves regarding additional information.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

I just downloaded "Atomic Clock Syn V3.0" from worldtimeserver dot com. It's a freeware which allows one to automatically sync to an atomic clock server as frequently as he/she wants.

Hence, if your broker uses the same time as well, the freeware may help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred