Anyone with similar problem on charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with similar problem on charts?

I use 2 NT platforms with zen fire feed. I set-up 2 tick charts with same indicator and ModHA.
    The indicator shows different values and the ModHA shows different paint.

Now the settings are both the same....checked countless times.
    But the depiction remains different.

The updating on both charts for the indi is also not similar. Sometimes one triggers while the other triggers 1-2 mins later. vise versa.

Have been patient for a month on figuring this out. But no idea.

With tick charts you have to be conscious of earlier historical data since they are used to build up the tick chart. If the data sets are not 100% identical from the past and the present then the charts will not look the same. To ensure they are identical I suggest you use the historical data import/export tool. First delete out all the data on one computer and import in the data set from your second. This will guarantee identical data sets.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh...but...

Thanks for ur reply.

What would constitute a difference in the historical data ?
      When both were set-up the first day using NT at the same time ?

If this is the case, then NT users with zenfire feed may all have differences. is that the case ?

Sorry am not that tech savvy, just my 2 cents worth.

So I would have to consider this anomaly using NT w zenFire.
      The feed is quick but if its not "clean" then considerations must be made.

Thanks

Comment

Has nothing to with the feed.

Tick bars are based on ticks not time, it is possible that you can miss a tick as you load historical data from the server one one PC and miss two on the other. This one tick can create subtle changes in your charts from one PC to the next. If your days back or session times are different, this too will cause differences in your chart.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok but...

session times and data series back are the same.
          So the server download is the problem. Rite?

Thats why am thinking although zen-fire may be fast.....it had a few downtime last week. 3 days in a row.

Perhaps time to switch to a new data feed.

Comment

It has nothing to do with the feed. Any feed you connect to will have this problem. That is the nature of tick based intervals.

Comment

I should have added, to verify that this is not an indicator issue, you should check each bar on each chart to see if there is a difference.

Comment

ok..

Thanks for all the help and replies.
                Prices match tick for tick by the way. But indis all paint diff values.
                Even the ModHA from here differ. I have red on one and blue on the other.

Anyway, thanks again all for the replies.

Will test on a different platform and compare ....tick data.

Comment

Then I would look at the indicator code. You can also verify by just putting up SMA's on each chart and see if the values match up to confirm the data series is identical.

Comment

Hi,

I'm having almost similar problem, but i'm only running 1 NT. The problem is, I'm using Ticks chart (eg. 100 ticks chart), i'm connected to gain live server with Ninja trader server for historical data (i select not to save live data), when i'm connected more than 1 hour or more, if i hit the reload historical data from the chart by right click, the chart looks different from ealier.

This causes my indicators to provide me wrong signals. I have always need to hit reload historical data in order to make sure the indicators are ok.

Is there any other way to over come this problem?

I'll try to upload the screen shot of 2 charts by next week.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    Then I would look at the indicator code. You can also verify by just putting up SMA's on each chart and see if the values match up to confirm the data series is identical.

Comment

Here is a link that expalins the differences between the real-time and the reloaded data.

JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So the only solutions to this problem is to use market data vendor rather than broker's live data feed?

Can NT auto reload the data maybe few bars later? This would be good, since cant depend on Gain's live server data feed.

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
                        Here is a link that expalins the differences between the real-time and the reloaded data.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html
                        Last edited by Greenmoney21; 07-11-2008, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMate8 View Post
                          So the only solutions to this problem is to use market data vendor rather than broker's live data feed?

Can NT auto reload the data maybe few bars later? This would be good, since cant depend on Gain's live server data feed.

Thanks
                          Hello this is because of how NinjaTrader timestamps it's bars on real-time data. These bars are time stamped via your PC clock at the close of the bar. Because tick bars are build from incoming trades and not time. The stamping from your PC clock can be different from that of your data provider.

Comment

Can i tele with my pc clock with the data provider, Ninja trader server for Forex data?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eamon View Post
                            Hello this is because of how NinjaTrader timestamps it's bars on real-time data. These bars are time stamped via your PC clock at the close of the bar. Because tick bars are build from incoming trades and not time. The stamping from your PC clock can be different from that of your data provider.

Comment

I don't believe that would be possible but I would suggest syncing your PC clock regularly to stay as close as possible.
                              JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WHICKED
                              by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              15 responses