Upgraded to 6.5.1000.4 - System hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded to 6.5.1000.4 - System hangs

I have been using NT for many months and have done several upgrades. This latest upgrade (v6.5.1000.4 from *.1000.3) was done late yesterday. Starting today, I have system hangs when in a trade. Sometimes the system will hang (defined by no targets nor stop "sounds" with the voice, no movements of price in Chart nor Dynamic DOM). All seems okay until an order is hit. Then the stalls are likely to happen. I've had it happen 3 times today. I cannot say it always happens with each trade, as I've only had 5 trades. Now I see that my running instance of NT has deteriorated to the point of shutting it down restarting it. My NT Level 2 screens have cleared and are white. Sometimes my chart turns white and NT screens refresh.

This is a very new behavior, only since the upgrade of NT. I do not believe that we can say it is higher volume, as yesterday (FOMC in afternoon) nor the day before (heavy volume) presented any problems with the prior version. Nothing at all has happened to my system (e.g. no upgrades, installs, hardware changes, etc). I have lots running, but this is no different from the past many months.

FWIW ... I have a high end system: Win XP SP2 w/ 2.41 GHz Intel Quad CPU, with 4Gb Ram installed. I tend to have several pre-set (each morning) orders using ATM. I am using the Simulated Acct. My datasource comes from IB.
    • Are others having issues with v6.5.1000.4, especially in the memory or system hanging area?
    • Is it easy to revert back to prior version without data or settings harm?
    Brian1

At this time we have no similar reports to yours.

Let's try this:
    - uninstall NT and .NET 2.0
    - clear your browser cache
    - install .NET 2.0 again from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    - download and install NT 6.5.1000.4 again

Note: all your data/settings will be preserved.

Comment

"Are others having issues with v6.5.1000.4, especially in the memory or
      system hanging area ?" — yes

and I see at:

'Fixed: Zen-Fire adapter -
      Order changes, submission or cancellations could get stuck in a pending state'
      is this the cause of the problem ?

Comment

User below reported a complete hanging on NT which likely is not related to the Zen order issue fixed with .4.

Comment

Yes on both of my computers, IB and Zen-Fire. I'll uninstall .Net 2.0 first, and reinstall it.

Comment

I restarted NT and it worked a bit better, with only a couple of short hangs. Nothing nearly as bad as earlier in the day.

I am unavailable tomorrow (Friday), so will not be able to test the re-installation of NT and .Net 2.0. I hope to be able to over the weekend.

It's too bad to have to reinstall .Net 2.0, as I also have .Net 3.0 and 3.5 installed. I hope this doesn't degrade my system. Does .Net have issues like this, having to be occassionally re-installed?

I must admit that I'm a bit skeptical, as my problems didn't start until the very day I upgraded NT.

Hey everyone, please keep me posted on any progress of these re-installations ... as to whether it helps.

See ya Monday.

Thanks,

Brian1

Comment

Since we just came across as user who's machine specs where way below our recommendations .... please double check that your PC meets at least the min requirements: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ationguide.htm

Comment

I've already described my very high-end system. It is way over the minimum req'mts.

Comment

Thanks for confirmation.

Comment

Okay, after a re-install of NT v6.5.1000.4, I am having system hangs and they're even getting worse.

I know that you guys are attempting to help, but I must insist that you escalate this issue quickly, as I'm pretty sure that everyone will begin having these problems. Please do not assume that users' computers are at fault. Something has happened in the v6.5.1000.4 version. It is critical and these hangs are completely intolerable.

My NinjaTrader system was working excellently for many months. I had no stalls nor hangs at all. For this past week, I believe that I've had 3 or more complete hangs each and every day! (A hang is when the entire application is Not Responding, and can only be addressed by a Windows End Task and restart.)

Adding to the problem, any open trades' exits (stops and targets) remain in a Pending state, and cannot be removed. Having 3 daily hangs with End Tasks and restarts, and leaving some trade exits, they are beginning to add up and getting in the way. I currently have 13 Pending orders that cannot be Canceled nor deleted. (I had perhaps 8 before, and they were all removed with a Repair DB. These latest ones have not be cleared with multiple Repairs.)

I am trying to isolate when the hangs happen. It seems that they usually appear when I am interacting with NinjaTrader, when something else in NinjaTrader is occuring. Unfortunately, it isn't consistant. An example is that I was under Account Performance and I hit the Generate button. The market's volatility was rising at the time (i.e. was moving a bit more than before), and that hung the system. The latest example: I was moving a target of an open order in SuperDOM. This is not to say that all hangs have happened when interacting. Sometimes NinjaTrade hangs when volatility rises a bit. I do not assume that it is a "hang" for a least a minute or 2, and often 5 minutes, leaving the system to work itself out. If it does, I consider this a "stall" instead of a "hang". Stalls are also no fun, and a problem that must be resolved. But the hangs are intolerable.

Please work earnestly on this serious problem.

Comment

Please send me your traces and logs by Mail->Help to support, subject "for Dierk" for follow up.

Comment

As I am researching this issue, would you kindly explain the details of the Diagnostics options. Specifically, these are the ones I am using to assist in solving the issues:

Gui - sometimes amazing problems happen with a driver in this area. Perhaps are differing Windows drivers are why you cannot reproduce this problem.

Order - since I have lots of orders and some stuck in a Pending mode, I am attempting to see if any errors are happening in this area.

Indicator - I was using this too, as I have a few custom indicators that I regularly use. It was not showing anything helpful, if I remember correctly.

I would like to know what these mean:
                        Test - sounds good
                        Timer - sounds helpful
                        Strict - I attempted this once and got lots of hangs. I think it's too intensive to help isolate anything here. But I'd like to know what it trying to do.
                        Server - is this your NinjaTrader server, or the data from my broker(s)?
                        MarketData, MarketDepth, Native - what do these do? They sound interesting.

I have my Diagnostics set to "to file only", and have been reveiwing the files.

Thanks,

Brian1

Comment

You NEVER should change any setting on the Diagnostics tab unless advise by our support team. Please make sure you ONLY have checked:
                          - Connection
                          - Order
                          - To File Only

Comment

Dierk and Support,

I have sent the Traces & Logs, as you'd requested.

Here is a screen snapshot of the remaining artifacts of phatom Pending Orders. As mentioned, they cannot go away with Closed, Canceled nor Repair DB.

I value my historic trades and data, and do not wish to loose anything. With that being said, can you suggest a way to remove these phatom Pending Orders cleanly?

Oh, and I have reverted my Diagnotics settings to the checked boxes that you recommend.

Please let me know where to go from here. I will follow up with further details and possible clues, as stalls and hangs occur.

Thanks,

Brian1

Snapshot:
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Brian1; 07-14-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I started having the same lockups when I upgraded to 1000.4 also roughly a month ago.
                              I did not have this behavior on 1000.3. I assumed some new feature added to the new build started to eat resources and that my P4 3.0ghz HT was beginning to fall behind as a cpu for trading the high volume Emini Indexes.

So I picked up a better case added 2 extra fans(cpu temp hit 54 now 48 max) and 500watt power supply to squeeze out every bit of cpu cycles the chip could muster. Same result even after I downgraded to 1000.3. It's not happening as much but it does happen enough and at the critical points where I'm trying to move my stop and target.

I've ordered a new Quad Core 2.4 with 3g of ram just yesterday hoping to rectify the issue instead of waiting for support to come up with a solution.
                              Not that I think they won't fix it but I ran 10003/10004 on my laptop with a Core2Duo 2.0ghz and this never happens.

System : P4 3.0ghzHT,2 gigs of ram,Radeon 9550,Radeon 9250,2HDs (40g,80g)

MultiBroker Edition ..into Zenfire/Mirus and Infinity/Pats.

Running Linnsoft IRT with 5 ES charts which do not slow up at all. So it's not the computer.

Too bad..I should have read this thread before ordering the new computer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rene69851  
                              Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Fitspressorest