Range Charts with Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Charts with Volume

Hello, I´m trying to set up Range charts with a Volume indicator, but something strange is happening. When I plot the charts, from right to left, all candlestick bars have corresponding Volume indicators, but the last candlesticks on the Left always end up without any indication of volume, no matter how differently I tweak the charts(different size of ranges, different trading hours...).
    What is the cause of this?
    I imagine I´m not getting exactly how these charts are actually built. Maybe the volume below each candlestick and this candlestick itself don´t actually correspond to each other because the volume data is delayed? Thank you for the attention!
    Last edited by NeoTrader86; 01-24-2016, 06:17 AM.

Hello,
    Thank you for writing in.
    The volume Indicator needs at least 20 bars to plot. This means that for the first 20 bars of the chart the volume bars will not plot.
    If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply! Ok... But why does it need at least 20 bars for the volume to plot? And what are the implications of that? Does that mean that the volume plotted directly below the candlestick bar doesn´t correspond to the Volume traded within that bar? In other words, is there a delay in the volume data relative to the price data?

Comment

Hello,
        By default all indicators are not plotted on the first 20 bars. These first 20 bars are generally considered to be an unstable period for the indicator where calculations are not solidified yet due to not having enough data.

If you would like to see this on the volume indicator you would need to edit the volume indicators code and add this line to the Initialize() method.
        Code:
        BarsRequired = 0;
        This does not offset the values that are plotted though. The Volume aBar that appears witht eh same range bar is the correct volume for that bar. There is not a delay in the volume data relative to the price data.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
        6 responses
        1 like
        Last Post jgualdronc  
        Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes