Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail failed to send

Hi,

I am unable to get email to send from one of my installs, the others work fine. I have switched firewall off, .NET is all up to date. I have varied the server setting and they work from both of my other installs. I am able to Telnet to the gmail smtp server too. This is the error message in trace:-

2014-11-05 07:55:05:075 ERROR: Failed to send mail: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The operation has timed out.
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.SendMailNow(Boolean useUserMailAccount, String from, String to, String cc, String subject, String body, String[] attachmentPaths)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.OptionsForm.OnMailTest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    Last edited by GKonheiser; 11-05-2014, 01:32 AM.

Hello GKonheiser,

Did you click the OK button in the Options-->Misc-tab after you entered the Mail setup information? If the OK button is not clicked, the settings will not take effect.

What email provider did you setup? Please see the link below that shows email settings for the most common providers.
    Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx Jason, I was working on this since yesterday evening trying all the different ports for gmail, 587, 465 and 25 BUT i wasn't clicking OK in between changing them. Clicked OK now after changing and Gmail works fine now over port 25. : )

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
      4 responses
      1 like
      Last Post jgualdronc