X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good...

Comment

@Brandon

See the attached updated Market Analyzer that supports the below. the middle ProfitLoss (ProfitLoss_1) is the MBT server side account with the current issues just FYI. The first and the 3rd are both NT Sim 101-type accounts (with different names of course).

Right now, I have some crosses like the gbp/jpy that are doing it (gpy/jpy is like -$3000, aud/jpy +$3000, and chf/jpy is -$2000 +/- This is happening/showing in NT Market Analyzer (and eventually will show up in the Account Performance when they are closed). These strategies have all been running since just after 9:30 pm est will all pairs in the MA by the way.

I have noticed it is happening on the MBT server side account in NT but NOT on the Sim 101 NT accounts as well for the time being.

So, if it remains true that it is reporting these "rogue" positions and closed trades on the MBT server side account inside of NT then that may help narrow down the issue.

Also, just FYI, in the MBT special window, all of the trades report perfectly however on the MBT server side account (just FYI). So, it appears to be only the reporting directly in NT on MBT server side accounts (at least at the moment anyway).

Does that help give you some additional insight to run on?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by birdog; 04-07-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your reply

I have this running on my MBT Paper account to test further.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon,

Ok.

Comment

Hello Greg,

I have been unable to reproduce this on my end.

I would recommend disconnecting and going to Tools> Options> Data> RepairDB
            Restart NinajTrader, create a new workspace and test
            If the new workspace works test again with your old current workspace

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Hmmm...

Well, this has been happening for several years (both brand new installations multiple times and also on different machines). I can do the below, but I am not optimistic as that solution (and similar) has been given to me by NT over the years to not avail.

Here is another screenshot of what market analyzer (and the account performance) tab has shown this morning (from midnight to the present time). As mentioned, it happens randomly and sometimes it takes a little while before the anomalies begin to surface.

When I go to the MBTrading reporting direct on their website, all the trades a normal as well. I have also attached the MBT Navigator Position tab from the MBT window that loads with NT so you can see the comparison....see attached.

Please have development look into this to fix and/or have some kind of redundancy or protection check to be sure it is lining up with the MBTrading account somehow moving forward. Also, please have them look into being sure the cash values are registered upon connecting to MBTrading. So, those two things are still outstanding. It would be nice if they were corrected in NT 7 (certainly I hope things a lot better in NT 8 which I am sure they will be . . . smile).

The attached is on a MBTrading server side account with 10000 lot sizes on all instruments. There is obvious issues with a few of them of course. This morning it is EURAUD, EURNZD, CADJPY, and NZDJPY. Like mentioned, though, this happens randomly and on different pairs at random times. See the attached NT platform Market Analyzer reporting of position status vs the MBT Navigator window that pops up upon connecting to MBT in NT under the Positions tab. It is a precise comparison and example of the anomaly in realtime from this mornings trading.

I also want to point out, then happens on both REAL MONEY accounts and DEMO accounts too.

I would say they are both important (both the anomalies with p & l reporting incorrectly randomly on MBT server side accounts like the screenshot shows here AND also making sure the Cash Value shows a actual value for the MBT server side accounts upon startup...not just when you make the first manual trade and then it appears as sometimes strategies will not start until have one manual trade is made int he MBT server side account otherwise sometimes the strategy will give a error of "Account Not Found" even though we are connected.

Please have folks really look into these two things . . .

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
              Hello Greg,

I have been unable to reproduce this on my end.

I would recommend disconnecting and going to Tools> Options> Data> RepairDB
              Restart NinajTrader, create a new workspace and test
              If the new workspace works test again with your old current workspace
              Attached Files
              Last edited by birdog; 04-15-2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I will continue to have it looked into.

Comment

Brandon,

Oh yea...when we spoke the other day you were going to look into seeing if the actual window that pops up during the MB Trading connection is created/developed, in fact, by Ninjatrader itself OR MB Trading.

I get conflicting information on this and would appreciate if you can clear it up for me when you get a chance sometime...?

Comment

Hello birdog,

Below is the information I was provided on this.

The MB Trading adapter is built by NinjaTrader to interface with MBT Navigator using Interop/COM

Comment

Update

Hello @Brandon

Ok. I "THINK" I may have isolated the problem. Also, if I continue to not have the issues any longer (after some period of time and monitoring), then I will also report back.

I also think you should add the following in big bold letters (or something that will pop out to the reader) in the applicable Connection Guides that may be similar to MB Trading (maybe ALL of them).

Potential Solution:

After I allowed MB Trading (actually I just enabled ALL programs I have on my computer not just MB Trading) the ability to pass through all inbound and outbound traffic through the Windows Firewalls as exceptions, it "SEEMS" like the issue has resolved itself. Now, when using outside servers BOTH LIVE AND DEMO accounts (vs. NT Sim local accounts), the correct numbers seem to be (for now) working properly and also reflect the same P&L for each position as the MB Trading adapter (in all NT tabs like Positions, Strategies, Account Performance etc).

This may be too early to declare victory over it, but at least you are updated for now on my side . . . which may help your side research in that direction too.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                      Hello Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I will continue to have it looked into.

Comment

Hello birdog,

Thanks for your update.

I look forward to hearing if this continues to function for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes