Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mb trading account loading

Hey,

This has been happening for years and I have a work around but it is something I have to remember to do each time or it will happen. When opening NT then connect in to MBT and the enabling strategies many times i get a "Account no loaded" error and it disables the strategy because of it.

The workaround is that I have to remember to either take a small trade in and then immediately out of a trade to get the account to show a balance in the Accounts tab (and therefore become "loaded"). Then the strategies work fine from then on out. Sometimes if i go to the MBT separately attached window and show the balance info on that account it will show too.

I should not have to worry about manually confirming the loading of the acounts after MBT connects.

Upon connecting MBT it should automatically load the Accounts without me worrying about any of that.

Thanks folks.

Greg

Hello Greg,

Thanks for writing in.

So I may assist you further please answer the following.

What version of NinjaTrader do you have installed? You can check under Help> About
    What version of MBT Desktop do you have installed? Within MBT Desktop select About to check
    Do you have an anti virus/firewall installed and if so which one? (example: Norton, AVG, Avast)
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon:

I follow the MBTrading Connection Guide each time I update NT (at least at the time of the update):

1. NT 7.0.1000.22
      2. MBT 11.9.0.44
      3. I use no antivirus on this machine (but it also happens on machines with Avast or AVG too)
      4. I use Windows Firewall right now (but it also happens on machines without a Windows firewall active as well).

I think it is a NT programing issue myself (where upon loading the connection the accounts should be confirmed, loaded, and balances should automatically show in the Account tab). All Cash Value show NOTHING until I manually make a small trade first. Then the cash value shows up for that particular account.

Thanks...Greg

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
      Hello Greg,

Thanks for writing in.

So I may assist you further please answer the following.

What version of NinjaTrader do you have installed? You can check under Help> About
      What version of MBT Desktop do you have installed? Within MBT Desktop select About to check
      Do you have an anti virus/firewall installed and if so which one? (example: Norton, AVG, Avast)
      Last edited by birdog; 04-02-2014, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

Please writing in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic so we can request some files to test on our end.

Comment

Hi:

I did this:

Please follow the steps listed below to repair your current installation of NinjaTrader.

Please note that following the steps below will not impact your charts, workspaces, custom indicators or any other NinjaTrader settings. This will simply repair the core components of NinjaTrader that may need to be reinstalled.
          1. Copy your license key from Control Center -> Help -> License Key
          2. Close all running applications.
          3. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
          4. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
          5. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
          6. Reboot your machine.
          7. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

AND THIS:

Hello Greg,

Thank you for writing in.

You could always test that and see. I've never seen any specific reports but I don't see it as completely out of the realm of possibility. I would test, but it would require me to connect to your connections which would kick you off. Again, if nothing else, just check the "Accounts" tab before trading to see if the values are there.

Please let me know if you see a difference upon rearranging the order of the connections.

----------------------------------------

This issue is still present. Also, changing the order of connecting does not effect the problem with the Account Cash Values not appearing (unless I manually make a small trade in an out and then they do). At that time, I am am to run strategies without the error of "Account not loaded" etc.

Please advise.

Thanks . . .

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I will be scheduling a remote call with you from your email to do some tests in your system.

Comment

Hi Brandon,

I wanted to let you know . . . actually, I already had all the forex pairs loaded in the Market Analyzer before (and now). When I run a Account Performance it still shows some results that are way off base for the FOREX pairs even after doing that. This is the 2nd issue with MBT we spoke of on the phone in addition to the Cash Value for each account not showing up upon connecting to MBT.

Thanks Brandon...just let me know whenever you are able...

Greg

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify did you have the Market Analyzer up with the pairs while the trades were made? It would not be able to adjust the PnL information historically if they were not up however all future trades made while the market analyzer is up should be good.

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Yes. It was up while the trades have been made in realtime for many weeks (I just forgot about that during our call). I have the MA up in the current workspace. It loads every time NT loads with all the pairs in the MA.

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I will test this Monday when the markets reopen.

Comment

Sure...ok...have a good weekend.

Comment

Hello Greg,

I have not yet been able to replicate the incorrect PnL while having the proper pairs open in the Market Analyzer also.

To look into this further I would need a situation which could be replicated. Please let me know if you find a specific pair and set up in which this occurs.

Comment

Please let it run all day and even overnight for a few days on all pairs and it will do it. It will not immediately do it just running it for a short period of time. In a short time it runs and reports perfectly but not after many hours. Let it run through close today and then check it after like 7 pm or so (when there is a change over after in forex around 5 pm...then do the same thing through midnight...during those period the issues begin to surface.

Comment

. . . also, i would make sure you are running a strategy on all the pairs have a chance to enter and exit several times during this period of time . . .

Comment

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

I will let this run over the next few days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes