Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument(s) have you selected? If a futures instrument, what expiry is selected? (Example: ES 06-13)
    • What interval is selected for your chart(s)? (Example: Tick, Minute, Day, etc.)
    • What dates are missing data?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

version 7.0.1000.16
      Connected to CQG
      Instrument: TF
      Expiry 12-14
      Intervals: seconds and minutes
      Missing data: Monday 10/5/14 @23:51 to 6:52am when I logged in (was late getting up) :-(
      No error on screen
      Log error: The metadata for F.US.TFE.U14 has an invalid ContractNumber please contact Customer Support
      (This error was when I just logged in and Monday morning also @ 6:52am) but I did just get backfill for today but yesterdays still has a gap in data mentioned above)

Also the "reload historical all data" was grayed out yesterday but now it is not. Hmm.

And of course I just got the backfill data I was looking for.

So apparently no problem at the moment. Will see about Tuesday morning.

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your response.

Please upgrade NinjaTrader to our latest release. We have made several improvements to the connection technologies, you can review our release notes at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ease_notes.htm

To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow these steps:
        1. Locate and copy your license key, Under Control Center > Help > License Key
        2. Control Center > Help > Download Site
        3. Shut Down NinjaTrader
        4. Paste your License Key in the License Key Field > Download
        5. Download version, NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.25
        6. Once downloaded, please launch the Installer by Double Clicking
        7. After the installer has finished, you may start NinjaTrader

Please let me know if you are still seeing missing data after upgrading NinjaTrader to the latest release.

Comment

Since everything was working this morning I haven't updated to the newest version yet. Perhaps I will do this later on tonight. I hope it doesn't override the work stations I already have? It kind of sounds like your instructions are for installing a whole new Ninja Trader or am I mistaken?

Comment

Hello BottomShark77,

Thank you for your response.

This is only an upgrade and your settings and files will remain.

Comment

Help - Historical Data Required

I need 1 hour bar - historical data for CL, Crude Oil, NYMEX for 10-20 years in Excel format, OHLC. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello billbohm,

Unfortunately I am not aware of source that provides 10-20 years of historical data for the CL future in Excel format.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think you should find the data first then figure out how to export into excel will be easier.
                  Hopes it helps

Comment

Zero out my DOM

First of all, I have NO idea how to start a "new thread" in here as I can't seem to find a tab for that anywhere. I need to know how do I reset my DOM to 0 when it has accumulative numbers in it now. I want my DOM to read 0.

Comment

You will need to click the New Thread button after you selected one of the topics of the main support page.

Can you please right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Properties'. Set 'Show realized PnL when flat' to False.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got that much

That's not my problem. I don't want my DOM to say "PNL". I want it in $ but to reset it to $0

Comment

point taken

Comment

The Realize PnL when trading a live account will only reset to 0 when the next trading session begins and cannot be reset manually within NinjaTrader.

If you are trading the Simulator account you can reset the simulator if you wish. Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account. (This can take long depending on the size of your database file and your system.)
                            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Options> Simulator.
                            • Press the 'Reset' button.
                            • If you do not want to lose your trade data, uncheck the 'Clear history' box (This must be left checked when wanting to remove a stuck sim order)
                            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by billbohm View Post
                              I need 1 hour bar - historical data for CL, Crude Oil, NYMEX for 10-20 years in Excel format, OHLC. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
                              Have you had any luck with Google?

Comment

No luck yet

I did it a few times before from the control panel. I just don't remember. It had to do with opening some box then clicking the reset button and waiting about 20 seconds.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Anfedport  
                                Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post iceman2018