Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhowinvest View Post
    I just rolled my charts to 06-14 and restarted Ninja. I am now missing ES data from march 10th and 12th. I used the txt files posted by Ninja to backfill my 03-14 ES data yesterday but now I need the 06-14. I wouldn't advise restarting now Instamess because I now have missing data.

Ninja support can you post a txt file for ES 06-14 data in the announcement forum post?
    As long as you have your Merge policy enable, and the rollover date for the 06-14 to the default 3/13/2014, the data for March 10th, 11th & 12th should be backfilled by the ES 03-14 contract. If the data is not missing on the ES 03-14, your 06-14 merge chart should not be missing this data either.

If you're using the ES 06-14 contract with the merge policy disabled, I've provided you a copy of this data in an attached zip file.

To check your merge policy settings:

Go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> ensure "MergePolicy" is set to "MergeBackAdjusted" or "NonMergeBackAdjusted" is selected

For the ES specifically, go to Tools--> Instruments Manager--> locate the ES--> select "Edit" and ensure the "MergePolicy" is set to "UseGlobalSettings".

If this is setup correctly, you may have reloaded the chart when rolling over, which would have over written the ES 03-14 data you imported. In which case, you will need to reimport this data. Please careful not to do a force reload of your charts, as this will over write the data from the data server which is missing.
    Attached Files
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Third day in a row, same time, same problem.

Why is this still happening if we are told servers have been switched?

Comment

I went to change the time frame on the March TF contract and it wouldn't load. When I restarted Ninja all the data from 9:30 AM EST is missing til the restart about 5 minutes ago and the Reload is grayed out. Ongoing.

Comment

The server is online at this time and recording. If you are unable to reload your chart, please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect. There unfortunate will be about an 8-minute gap.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            The server is online at this time and recording. If you are unable to reload your chart, please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect. There unfortunate will be about an 8-minute gap.
            Yes I restarted again and there is an 8 min gap. At least the rest of it filled in. Will this be fixed this weekend so this stops happening? It's distracting to say the least.

Comment

There unfortunate will be about an 8-minute gap.
              That's in today's data?

So this is an ongoing problem that hasn't been rectified yet?

When I start up NT and go to my workgroup how do I know whether I can rely on my charts and indicators or whether all the info I'm getting is contaminated by some missing data?

Comment

Data missing again after switching symbols

It seems that it is bad idea to switch symbols during trading hours. Bad CL data after checking ES.

Comment

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
                  That's in today's data?

So this is an ongoing problem that hasn't been rectified yet?

When I start up NT and go to my workgroup how do I know whether I can rely on my charts and indicators or whether all the info I'm getting is contaminated by some missing data?
                  Yes, it is ongoing as per our last update in post #84.

As long as you are not reloading your charts/data, you should not be impacted by data missing from our servers. Streaming real-time data will be collected in your chart if you were connected during the time we experience issues.

Comment

Because of rollover I had to change all my charts over to ES 06-14. I think some reloaded. I don't know.

Now, what bits of data am I missing, from what days, and how do I patch it all up?

Comment

Yes, it is ongoing as per our last update in post #84.

As long as you are not reloading your charts/data, you should not be impacted by data missing from our servers. Streaming real-time data will be collected in your chart if you were connected during the time we experience issues.
                      Yes, but again I ask, will this be fixed this weekend? I want to be able to change time frames in a chart and not lose data. And actually this isn't a matter of replenishing missing data this weekend. This is an issue with the servers tracking data without gaps. Is this being worked out? Thanks.

Now I see post #84. Trying to trade and deal with this too. Thanks.

Comment

We will attempt to restore the missing data this weekend. We do not have any gurantee when issues will be resolved, but I can assure you were are working on the with the utmost priority.

Comment

We will attempt to restore the missing data this weekend. We do not have any gurantee when issues will be resolved, but I can assure you were are working on the with the utmost priority.
                          Thanks, Matthew. Personally I'm not as concerned about missing data, but I know some people are. I'm more concerned about the servers working correctly, tracking data and spitting out data without gaps, next week so we don't have these issues again.

Comment

Hello Larsieh,

Thanks for your post.

The servers are properly functioning, last trade data is not being sent to them at times. We have backup servers that we see about switching to if the data had been received to the backup server. We are working with the parties involved at a resolution to prevent last data from not being received.
                            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do you think you (NinjaTrader) can post here when the fix is complete and we can check to see if everything is back running again.
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lawdam View Post
                                Do you think you (NinjaTrader) can post here when the fix is complete and we can check to see if everything is back running again.
                                Thanks
                                The following thread from our CEO will be updated when we have more information:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lightsun47  
                                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes