Inconsistent Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent Alerts

I have 16 futures contracts on my market analyzer with an alert for inside bars on 240 minute charts. When I set the Calculate on bar close to False, I would expect to see lots of alerts in the first few minutes of a new bar, but I don't. Why would that be?

Hello Gennaker,

If no alerts are generated, the conditions must not have occurred. How did you setup the alert condition?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

There weren't very many conditions to set. In the Market Analyzer, under columns, I made "indicator" a new column, selected "InsideBar" as the indicator for 240 minute bars, and selected "False" for calculate bars on close. I left everything else as default since # of bars to look back shouldn't affect the condition.

Comment

Hello Gennaker,

You described how you setup the Indicator, does the indicator play these alerts or are there alerts setup in the Market Analyzer column for the Indicator?

Additionally, InsideBar sounds like a custom indicator. Is this one you have created or got from somewhere else?
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Cal,

It's one I got from Ninjatrader's indicator list.

Comment

Hello,

Please provide me with a few images of your settings:
            To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            For detailed instructions please visit the following link
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Inconsistent Alerts

Kyle,

Here are some screen shots. I took one of the market analyzer with the HG chart in the background. In the MA there is no alert. One the chart you can clearly see the last bar is an inside bar. Maybe it's something with the NT program as it is not indicated as a blue bar as the others are.

The only alert I get in MA is AUD which I've attached. In this one something is wrong with the data (maybe a post for another thread?).

The last screen shot is the settings I used for the InsiderBar indicator on MA.

Thanks,
              Ben
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gennaker,

Thank you for the screenshot and settings.

You are calculating the InsideBar with CalculateOnBarClose set to false. This means that the indicator will calculate with each incoming tick of data. Since, the most recent shows up as not an inside bar you are receiving no alert and a 0 in the Market Analyzer.

Additionally, Alerts do not work historically in NinjaTrader and will only work in real time.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Cal.

I set the CalculateBarOnClose to false because I'm looking for an alert of a developing inside bar based on each incoming tick data.

Would appreciate knowing what adjustments I need to make in the Ninjascript for the NT InsideBar indicator to give me this kind of alert.

Comment

If this is the InsideBar from the forum, I looked at that code and it does not have an alert built into it.

You would need to add an alert to the script
                    Below is a sample of the script will look like -
                    Code:
                    Alert(string id, Priority priority, string message, string soundLocation, int rearmSeconds, Color backColor, Color foreColor);
                    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...html?alert.htm

Comment

Inside Bar

Hello Cal,

I'm trying to tweak the existing insidebar script to get alerts to show up in Market Analyzer for a basic inside bar condition

if(High[0] < High[1] && Low[0] > Low[1]

As I mentioned I'm setting the CalculateOnBarClose to false because I want to see which ones meet the condition as the close of the current bar approaches. I'm using 240 minute bars so I would expect just about all instruments to meet this condition early in the current bar and drop off to a small number towards the end.

I guess the alert function you mentioned below would come after the if statement above. I'm not sure how this function communicates with Market Analyzer. Do I need to have thi function send a message and set the column in the MA to whatever value that alert message is?

Thanks.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Gennaker; 02-27-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Gennaker,

Thank you for the info and file.

After looking over the file are you using NinjaTrader 7 or 6.5? I ask because the file has a reference for NT 6.5 in the code.

Comment

Cal, I'm using NT 7. I didn't see the reference to NT 6.5. Looks like I need to start from square 1.
                          Last edited by Gennaker; 02-28-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

This was the line reference, just tells the script to play a sound from a file location. This happened to point to 6.5 -
                            PlaySound(@"C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\sounds\Alert4.wav");

So, that script that you posted, here is how it works.
                            When a detection of an InsideBar is seen, it will play a sound and set a dataseries value to 1
                            if it is not an InsideBar then it will set that same dataseries to 0

Now, you can use the Market Analyzer to set the InsideBars plot to follow the dataseries 'insidebar' and then set alert conditions for the indicator when it hits 1 or 0 as below in the screenshot
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Cal,

I've got the indicator and alerts working in the Market Analyzer (MA) using the daily bars I want to look at but when I call the charts up from MA using the "send to" option it defaults to one minute bars. How do I change the the "send to" default to daily bars?
                              Last edited by Gennaker; 04-20-2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh