Collapse

vista x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads-up, ctrlbrk - fixed it, with a little help from IB tech support !

Comment

Awesome, good hunting!

Comment

Does the ensign NT connection via EDS indicator work on 64 bit?

Comment

Unfortunately it is not supported. I am not sure if it will work; you will need to test this yourself.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT seems to work in 64 bit environment. What it does not work is the NTConnect.dll. So if you are connecting to NT from another system to NT thru the dll it would not work. I was told that the next version was going to support 64 bit officially and the DLL would work. I been waiting for this for already 6 months. Due date was January/2009 still no word about it.

Moscu

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 beta version is expected to be released the second quarter of 2009.

We only want to release a version that meet expectations as opposed to releasing a version that does not.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Vista x64 symlink trick

Here's the workaround to get it to work on Vista x64:

I created symlink in C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\ that points to C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 6.5\.

No more compile errors now .

Here's info on how to easily create symlinks via the GUI instead of via the command line (I don't know why Microsoft doesn't allow for this natively within Explorer as it is built into underlying Vista OS now via command line...but I digress):

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone have experience under V64 regarding the memory issues NT has when using the StrategyAnalysers Optimize methods? (Yes Dierk NT has memory issues and I know the GC of .NET is supposed to release memory but it apparently does not.)

Comment

Originally posted by cbaer View Post
                    Hello,

Does anyone have experience under V64 regarding the memory issues NT has when using the StrategyAnalysers Optimize methods? (Yes Dierk NT has memory issues and I know the GC of .NET is supposed to release memory but it apparently does not.)
                    Same 1.3GB limitations on Vista x64, as well as on Windows 7 RC1 (build 7057) x64.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
                      Same 1.3GB limitations on Vista x64, as well as on Windows 7 RC1 (build 7057) x64.
                      Thx a lot for your feedback. So the only reason to go on V64 with >= 4GB Ramright now is if you want to run multiple applications on the same machine, right? Will NinjaTrader 7.0 got rid of these 1.3GB limitations ? Does anybody know, cause I have to make a buying decision.

Thx a lot for all your help and effort!

Comment

Originally posted by cbaer View Post
                        Will NinjaTrader 7.0 got rid of these 1.3GB limitations ? Does anybody know, cause I have to make a buying decision.

Thx a lot for all your help and effort!
                        Originally I was under the impression NT 7.0 will fix the memory limitation issue and be available in a 64-bit executable.

However, later posts in this forum from NT support have contradicted that and it now seems NT 7 will not be available in a 64-bit executable, and will still have the same 1.3GB limitations.

Comment

ctrlbrk:

I hope you are wrong because I been waiting 6+ months to be able to use my server in 64bit mode. All the other software I work with it is working fine (I use TS to generate the signals). I only need the NTConnect DLL to work in 64 bit. Failure to deliver will force me to look for other solutions. And we are 2 weeks away from the second quater of 2009. Yes I been counting the days since January when they extended the release.

Moscu

Comment

Originally posted by moscu View Post
                            ctrlbrk:

I hope you are wrong because I been waiting 6+ months to be able to use my server in 64bit mode.
                            I hope I am wrong as well, but unfortunately, I think I am right (just based on my interpretation of posts).

The beta is currently slated for Q2 09, meaning probably last few days of June. I am not sure when that means a final/stable release will be available.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
                              Originally I was under the impression NT 7.0 will fix the memory limitation issue and be available in a 64-bit executable.
                              To clarify, NT 6.5 is not officially supported on x64. NT 7.0 is scheduled to be officially supported on x64 -- again just based on my interpretation of posts.

However, originally I took this to mean a 64-bit executable release would be made available (bypassing the memory limitations of the x86 architecture). But, unless I am very wrong, that is not the case. The Ninja team is simply adding "support" for x64 (ie: they will test against it). It doesn't mean NT is written to take advantage of x64.

Comment

Hello ctrlbrk,

NinjaTrader 6.5 is not supported on 64 bit operating systems, however NinjaTrader 7 will be.

In addition, NinjaTrader 6.5 supports multi-core/multi-processor hardware. NinjaTrader internally supports multiple threads of executions which would be run by the Windows OS on different cores/processor. However, NinjaTrader 6.5 is not optimized to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware.

NinjaTrader 7 will come with optimized multi core/multi-processor support. For example, this would allow users to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware on backtesting multiple instruments or running multiple iterations of a strategy optimization at the same time.

However, due to the nature of the Window OS, NT7 would not be able to fully use all available multi-cores/multi-processors at any given time.

In other words, running NinjaTrader 7 on a 4 core/machine machine would not make NinjaTrader running 4 times faster than on a 1 core/processor machine. However, it would speed it up noticeable.
                                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 03-17-2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by dward123, 01-02-2024, 09:59 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Lancer
                                by Lancer

Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 04:00 PM
                                2 responses