Collapse

Single vs Multi Broker Licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like to suggest that if support would de-emphasize the broker aspect of the multi broker license and instead emphasized the multiple API connection aspect, which is really what this is about, you would spend less time dealing with everyone's confusion.

For example, if my broker or FCM ( more accurately) offers both ZF and CQG and for redundancy I want to access both data streams, I would need a Multi-Broker License.

So in reality, a Multi-Broker License has nothing to do with brokers, it is all about the connection to more than one data feed / order execution technology.

It's a Multi API License.
    Last edited by glennts; 01-06-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

@Jason: Another question from me on that subject. I'm in the process of switching from ZenFire to Pats. Once I get a new (single-broker) license key, will that change anything on my current setup, workspaces, etc? Or will they just load like they always did.

Thanks

Comment

It will load the same as before. You will have access to all your workspaces, templates and other settings.

The only difference is that you cannot connect to ZenFire anymore, only Patsystems.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Jason, I appreciate it.

Comment

One last question: how quickly can a new license key be obtained?
            Once I hear from my new broker that my new account is active and I subsequently request my new license key from Ninja, how long does this take? Can it be done during the same day?

Comment

Just send us an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the license key you would like changed and we'll be happy to make the change for you. We will usually process such requests in the same day they were received within our regular business hours.
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by laocoon View Post
                One last question: how quickly can a new license key be obtained?
                I got mine within half an hour. Well done, NT.

Comment

I just opened an account with IB because of the Mirus/ZF problem. I understand i'll need a new license key.

I'm keeping Mirus as my back up broker. If at some point I go back to Mirus to trade, will my current license key work or will I need another one ? That is, do I need a new license key each time I switch back and forth between brokers ?

Of course, not expecting to switch often or hopefully at all but would like to know in advance.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

If you have a multi-broker license key, you would not need to request a switch as those license keys will work with all brokers.

If it is a single broker license key, you will need to contact us to switch between licensed providers. We will be happy to do this for you at no additional cost.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Two licence keys

Assuming as a trader I only need the features of NT Direct edition to trade Live, then could I not get two licence keys (say one from AMP for using CQG data and another from Optimus for using Rithmic data)?

I could load the licence key for Optimus and operate/trade with NT. Then if for some reason Rithmic went down I could simply close NT down, re-start NT and copy the AMP licence key into the field in NT and then start trading on the CQG connection?

Would this work?

Comment

Hello steve2222,

Yes this will work. You can only enter one license key in NinjaTrader, so you would need to switch license keys when you like to trade with the other broker.
                        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post futtrader  
                        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                        14 responses