Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single vs Multi Broker Licence

Hello,

i would like to ask about situation on licenses. My friend told me, he has "Multi Broker Licence" for Interactive Brokers. Does this exists? I thought there is single broker licence where i can choose one of brokers here http://www.ninjatrader.com/purchase-own.php

And Multi Broker Licence, which means I can choose in Provider select box EVERY ITEM from select here. http://www.ninjatrader.com/purchase-own.php

I own single broker licence - bottom part of screen and I see none of us can choose more brokers. I mean CQG and IB in provider selectbox at the same time.

Can You please explain this? I am considering upgrade to MultiBroker but I am probably confused.

Thanks Paul
    Attached Files

Hello Paul,

A multi broker license allows you to connect to all supported broker technologies. I am not sure why your friend refers to a "multi broker license for IB" - a multi broker license supports all broker technologies.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So according to the screen I posted, if he bought multi licence and his connection looks as the top part of the screen, then it is not multi broker licence, is that so? but it is single interactive broker licence - worth 995$ not 1500$?

Comment

Correct, it would be a single broker license key that is set to IB.

Comment

Originally posted by kujista View Post
          So according to the screen I posted, if he bought multi licence and his connection looks as the top part of the screen, then it is not multi broker licence, is that so? but it is single interactive broker licence - worth 995$ not 1500$?
          I use multibroker to connect to Zenfire for futures trading, and TDA for stocks/market internals.

Comment

Can you explain the single vs multi broker stuff?

I have a single broker license and trading with mirus futures but there are problems at mirus and wan´t to shift my account to AMP.

Can I connect to AMP with my ninjatrader single broker license?

Comment

Yes, you can.
              You must send a mail to supportninjatrader and tell them you want to change from Mirus to Amp.
              This is all i know.

Comment

Hello joao30,

Thank you for your post.

mario2306 is correct. If you have an existing single broker license key for Mirus, you are always welcome to change to another broker. Simply send us a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we would be glad to convert your existing license key from Zen-Fire to your new broker's data technology. This service is unlimited and always free.

Upgrading to a multi broker license key will enable your installation of NinjaTrader to create simultaneous connections with any and all of our supported brokerage technologies. This would allow you to trade with two or more brokers at the same time from a single installation of NinjaTrader.

Please feel free to contact us if you are ever in need of support.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
                  Upgrading to a multi broker license key will enable your installation of NinjaTrader to create simultaneous connections with any and all of our supported brokerage technologies.
                  ChristopherD, I've got another question regarding single vs multi broker-license:
                  I currently have a single-broker license for Zen-Fire and I'd like to also be able to connect with a Pats datafeed through another broker. I don't need to be connected to both accounts in parallel but can I connect alternatively to Zen-Fire and to Pats with a single broker-license?

Thanks
                  Last edited by laocoon; 01-06-2014, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Hello laocoon,

Unfortunately this is not possible using a single broker license key, since it can only connect to one broker technology at a time.

You could enter the free license key whenever you like to connect to Patsystems. It supports all broker technologies, but it is limited to trade in simulation. If you do not have the free license key, please send us an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Hello Jason,

i have a multi broker license and i have a RCG-account with PTA J-Trader.
                      Can i use this Pats datafeed with NT(only charting, see ZF-problems) and trade with J-Trader?
                      Thank You.

Comment

I am not sure if the J-Trader login credentials will work in NinjaTrader. If not, please contact your Patsystems based broker and ask login credentials for NinjaTrader. You can find a Patsystems connection guide at the link below.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                          Hello laocoon,

Unfortunately this is not possible using a single broker license key, since it can only connect to one broker technology at a time.
                          Just to clarify: by "at a time", do you mean that with a single-broker license I can't connect two data feeds IN PARALLEL (that's how I understand it) or do you mean that I can't connect let's say to ZenFire in the morning, then disconnect from Zen Fire and connect to Pats in the afternoon?

Comment

You cannot connect to Zen-Fire in the morning and then later in the day to Patsystems. The single broker license key is set to either Patsystems or Zen-Fire (or any other supported broker technology).

You would need to switch license keys in NinjaTrader. So you would enter the free license key in NinjaTrader when you like to connect to Patsystems.

Comment

OK got it, thanks for clarifying that Jason.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ageeholdings  
                              Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post pibrew