Collapse

Chart is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goto the Edit Indicator selection screen.

Highlight your indicator, and use the delete button on that screen

Originally posted by sandman View Post
    Thanks for your help to narrow in on the issue causing the problem.

This "MACrossLine" indicator seems to be cause of it. It is something I constructed myself using the strategy wizard and then opening and saving it's code as an indicator

I already went into the db folder, indicators and deleted the MACrossLine.cs file from there but it still shows up by its name in the list of indicators when I open the indicator menu of a chart.

How do I delete this self-created monster most effectively without leaving any scratch of it anywhere in NT?

sandman

Comment

Sledge.

Thanks I did that and this nuisance for starters seems to be gone but the problem not fully yet.

I restarted NT, went into the Replayer and opened two charts - they came up alright as in the attached first image.

Then I wanted to get to a specific date in the Replayer and when clicking to have it move, I got the next error message as in the second image. I believe I got that over the last few weeks too whenever I wanted to use the Replayer, and just clicked on Ignore - (perhaps that IGNORE may have caused or contributed to the blank charts pulling up).

PS: Yes, I tried, clicked on IGNORE and that moved the Replayer ok to the correct date and time. But then when I wanted to open an additional chart it pulls up blank. See last image attached.

Please let me know what to do about this error message.

sandman
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sandman; 08-11-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Yikes.

I did find this one post : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=49052

Have you tried to create a new Workspace?

Before going into Market Replay, save off this one that's broken if you want.

Start a new one.

1 chart, no indicators, and go into market replay.

If that works, start building back up and save off your new workspace.

If you do things one at a time, you might find the exact thing causing the issue.

Sledge.

Thanks I did that and this nuisance for starters seems to be gone but the problem not fully yet.

I restarted NT, went into the Replayer and opened two charts - they came up alright as in the attached first image.

Then I wanted to get to a specific date in the Replayer and when clicking to have it move, I got the next error message as in the second image. I believe I got that over the last few weeks too whenever I wanted to use the Replayer, and just clicked on Ignore - (perhaps that IGNORE may have caused or contributed to the blank charts pulling up).

PS: Yes, I tried, clicked on IGNORE and that moved the Replayer ok to the correct date and time. But then when I wanted to open an additional chart it pulls up blank. See last image attached.

Please let me know what to do about this error message.

sandman

Comment

Thanks sledge. I did as ordered by the doctor and pinned it down to one strategy causing the upset. As long as I do not use that strategy everything is fine. From the moment onward that I use it, any new chart will open up blank. The only way to get it back working again is to exit and restart NT without that strategy. The strategy will be reviewed by someone familiar with the code before I use it again. Thanks for your help.

sandman

Comment

Hi Sledge. Addition. No, it was not that strategy as it still occurs now and then.

I had several charts up and running with different instruments. Then it happened again that I tried to switch a set of charts to another instrument. Blank. Hm, before I did anything, I tried to change another of my charts to a different instrument. Ah, no problem. I tried and was able to switch to every other instrument I am using with no problem.

I then went back to the set of charts on my screen which drew blanks and compared the indicators in there to the indicators I used on that single chart which had given me no problems. No difference. Same indicators. Same strategies.

I exited NT and reconnected. I went to each of the charts, and switched each one to a different instrument. No problem. All switched and performed just nicely.

At this point I believe it is more a problem in the data feed than anything else (I use CQG with AMP as broker) though why some charts draw blanks while others don't is somehow beyond me.

Anyway, when it happens I will just exit NT, and reconnect. I just hope it does not happen too often.

What do you say?

sandman

Comment

I have no idea

So are these blank charts dead? Do you get the red X?

NT_Support people better hop on this one.

Hi Sledge. Addition. No, it was not that strategy as it still occurs now and then.

I had several charts up and running with different instruments. Then it happened again that I tried to switch a set of charts to another instrument. Blank. Hm, before I did anything, I tried to change another of my charts to a different instrument. Ah, no problem. I tried and was able to switch to every other instrument I am using with no problem.

I then went back to the set of charts on my screen which drew blanks and compared the indicators in there to the indicators I used on that single chart which had given me no problems. No difference. Same indicators. Same strategies.

I exited NT and reconnected. I went to each of the charts, and switched each one to a different instrument. No problem. All switched and performed just nicely.

At this point I believe it is more a problem in the data feed than anything else (I use CQG with AMP as broker) though why some charts draw blanks while others don't is somehow beyond me.

Anyway, when it happens I will just exit NT, and reconnect. I just hope it does not happen too often.

What do you say?

sandman

Comment

What is this "red X" you are referring to?

And yes, those charts which turn up "blank" are "dead" meaning nothing can be done with them (I believe). Once a chart was blank, I know I tried to change to yet another instrument in that same chart but I do not recall if it switched and remained blank, or if it did not even do the switch. I will watch out for that when it occurs next time.

sandman

Comment

sandman,

Since these charts are coming up blank, have you since deleted the cache data?

When these charts are stuck do you see any action listed in the lower right corner of the Control Center? Loading Data, Saving, Abort

Additionally, do you use any Multi-Time Frame or Multi-Instument indicators?

Additionally, open the (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> DB folder, right click on the file named 'NinjaTrader.sdf' and select Properties.

What size is this file reported to be? (E.g. Size: 5.46MB)
                  CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  15 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes