Chart is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart is blank

I tried to open a brandnew 1/minute ordinary candle stick chart for 6E but it remains blank. Can you tell me what I need to do?

I have only this one chart opened up and a SuperDOM. Price movement can be seen
    to happen on the DOM abd it is the current price and 6E market. But why does the chart remain blank.

Just before I connected, I had been using the Replayer. But I can-t figure out what is wrong here.

I checked in the settings that it is indeed today-s date. It is. Session Template is: Using Instrument settings. Days to Load I left at 5.

sandman

Hello sandman,

Thank you for your note.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:

* Disconnect from your data provider
    * Tools-> Historical Data Manager-> Edit tab
    * Select ZN 09-12 ->Right mouse click-->Delete
    * Close NinjaTrader
    * Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db folder -> cache folder
    * Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
    * Open NinjaTrader
    * Connect

Open a new chart without any indicators or templates applied to see if you are able to load a chart.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Cameron. For whatever reason which I do not understand it worked. Chart is now pulling up normal again.

sandman

Comment

sandman,

Glad to hear that this did the trick for you.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

I have similar problem. I have been using NT for a couple of years. I downloaded a NT to a new computer. Since the first time I tried opening a new chart, it remains blank. I have not connected to my broker feed. I am trying to open the default one minute chart of ES 9-12 using Kinetick free end-of-day data. 'Reload Historical Data" greyed out. Tried different intstruments, re starts, different chart settings. No luck.

NEVERMIND, I FORGOT KINETICK WAS DAILY ONLY
          Last edited by billr; 08-05-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I am back with somewhat the same problem which keeps persisting and I don't know how to deal with this.

I had two sets of 3 charts open all day long. 6E and 6J. In the morning my time, I switched the 6J charts (which are linked) to 6B, 6S, back to 6J, 6A. Not one bit of problem doing the switching. I logged out over lunchtime, logged back on.

Now I wanted to switch the three 6J charts to 6A, and bang --- they are blank again. See attached screen shot. Even then trying to switch back to 6J does not work. It is frustrating to say the least as it is a factor of unreliability when all I want is to trade. I don't want the hassle of now having to spend an hour looking up what to do etc etc. resetting or cleaning out the historical data, closing down NT, reopening it etc etc.

Why is it doing this and what is a terminated remedy for this?

sandman
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sandman; 08-08-2012, 08:40 AM. Reason: Forgot the attachment

Comment

sandman,

Please send a note to Support[At]NinjaTrader[Dot]Com.

Put ATTN: Cameron in the subject field and a link to this forum post in the body.

Include your latest Log and Trace files.
              You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named log.20120808.txt

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named trace.20120808.txt

Comment

Thanks Cameron.

I will delete the cache files in the db folder as well as re-set the instrument list regularly to prevent this from recurring.

sandman

Comment

Bang! Same thing is happening again this morning.

I had the lower set of charts on 6B, linked, then switched them to 6A --- and received blank charts. I waited ten minutes to see if it is just slow in loading but nothing. See attached screen shot.

I have log and trace files ready if you want to look them over. HELP please. I need to get this fixed for good.

sandman
                  Attached Files

Comment

Out of curiosity I tried opening a brand new candle stick chart for 6A (with no indicators at all) - it pulls up blank as well.

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Can you please disconnect your data feed in NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Repair DB.

Re-connect to your data feed and check if charts load the requested data again.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason.

Sure I can do that, and the charts will then pull up properly. Even without repairing the data base. Disconnecting and re-connecting will always pull up the charts properly.

My frustration comes in because when I want to trade, I want to trade - and not run into a technical problem with NT that now takes me out of trading and into solving something with NT.

I had a whole back and forth with Cameron yesterday about deleting cache files in the db folder and resetting instruments.

Why does it occur?? And how do we fix it so it does NOT occur in the first place?

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Unfortunately I am not sure why this occurs on your end. Switching instruments in windowlinked charts works without issue on my end upon testing so far. We will need to find a reproducible scenario to further troubleshoot the issue. Did you notice any consistency between the occurrences?

Can you please send me your workspace so I can test it on my end. You can find workspaces at C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put 'Att Jason, Chart is blank' in the subject field.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have emailed you the workspace, and also the trace and log file taken about 5 minutes after I had switched to a different instrument.

Just to be sure. It does not happen every time I try to switch linked charts to another instrument. It works, like yersterday all morning when I was switching back and forth between instruments. But then in the afternoon, out of the blue, bang, blank charts.

sandman
                            Last edited by sandman; 08-09-2012, 03:44 AM. Reason: add some data

Comment

Thanks for your help to narrow in on the issue causing the problem.

This "MACrossLine" indicator seems to be cause of it. It is something I constructed myself using the strategy wizard and then opening and saving it's code as an indicator

I already went into the db folder, indicators and deleted the MACrossLine.cs file from there but it still shows up by its name in the list of indicators when I open the indicator menu of a chart.

How do I delete this self-created monster most effectively without leaving any scratch of it anywhere in NT?

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes