Order Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post

You have to have more than just Default exchange selected in NinjaTrader. This does not mean however that you have to have 2 exchanges selected and they somehow work together.

->Trades placed to the Default exchange will have smart routing.

->Trades placed with the exchange manually defined will use the manual defined exchange.

->Charts connected to IB only will work with the Default exchange selected or the exchange is manually specified.

-Brett
    Hi Brett. Forgive me if I'm just being really dumb here, but I'm far more confused now than before. I can't even get past this section of what you typed, so lets just take it a step at a time.

In the first sentence you say I need at least two things selected. In the second sentence, you say I don't. Because of that apparent descrepenancy, the for two lines with a -> don't make sense to me. Lastly, what do you mean by "connected to IB only"? The data connection(s) are made through the Control Center, not a chart; and I always have 2 connections: first IQ Feed then IB.

Thanks for helping me work through this, I imagine it will help many others in the future.

Comment

Basically, you will be using the Default exchange for data and also for SMART exchange routing. However you need to have at least one other exchange checked in the instrument manager to allow this all to work correctly as there is a requirement that an instrument needs two checked exchanges to work on IB and IQ Feed.

Your method for adding new stocks to NinjaTrader is like so:

On the fly map OAK or control center->tools->instrument manager->new button to create the instrument.

Then edit the OAK instrument to include an exchange it trades on. You would have Default checked and then ARCA checked for example.

Then load a new chart for OAK by typing in the symbol OAK.

This will give you the default exchange in use when you only type OAK and will allow you to trade on the SMART exchange routing and it will also allow you to get data from IQFeed so all should work with that method of adding stocks. If it does not let me know.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
        Hello,

If you find that the settings you used are defaulting to the SMART routing, you can force this to another exchange by using custom mapping.

To set this up, please go to Tools--> Instrument Manager--> locate the symbol in question and select "Edit".

From the Instrument editor, click on the "Misc" tab--> Scroll down to the Symbol map section and locate the Interactive Brokers row.

From there you will want to specify the symbol separated by a "pipe character" and then then exchange, for example:

ABC|ARCA

Please see the attached screen shot for further reference.
        thank you sooooooooooooo much

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses