Lmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lmax

Is there any development going on for NT connectivity to LMAX? If so any ETA? If not is it even being considered?

I really like what I am reading & hearing about LMAX and I am 99% sure that at the end of this financial year (2011-12), I will be shifting my trading over to LMAX. So any information you can provide on this it would be very welcome.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not aware of any active development here, but I will forward the suggestion on to my superiors for further consideration. Thanks for this feedback!
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello ,

Any update about LMAX support ?

Regards

Comment

Yes an update please.

Comment

Hello,

This suggestion remains on development's list of future considerations for the software however there is not currently any word as to if or when support for LMAX would be adopted. When any additional information becomes available I will update this thread.

Comment

Hi kyle,
            Whats the latest on lmax/ninja , is it going to happen in near future ??? ---- if multi can connect then why the hold up with ninja

Comment

Hello,

It is on our list for consideration with our next major release of NinjaTrader.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm if or when they would be added at this time.

-Brett

Comment

been a couple of months........

Any update on this or what?

Comment

Hello,

No update at this time unfortunately.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                    It is on our list for consideration with our next major release of NinjaTrader.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm if or when they would be added at this time.
                    Sorry to be the one who asks the question again, but is there some more information about a connection to LMAX now NinjaTrader 8 is progressing?

Comment

Hi J_o_s,

Unfortunately, no new information is available at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                        Unfortunately, no new information is available at this time.
                        Thanks Kyle, but if I may give you my thoughts on this, I think this should be given high priority.

Here's why. I recall from Raymond's NT8 webinar on BigMike that NinjaTrader has a large installed base in Europe (especially a lot of German traders seem to use NT). You may also know that the majority of the European Union countries (including Germany and my own country) have determined to implement a financial transaction tax, which, among others, proposes a tax of 0.01% on derivative contracts, per side.

For DAX futures, this would amount to a tax of just below 40 euro per round-trip. This would make short-term futures trading for your European customers almost impossible to do profitably.

However, spot forex and CFDs are exempt of this tax (in the current proposal). As far as I know, only InteractiveBrokers offers CFDs which can be traded with NT8, but here the counterparty will be IB itself. Not something that most traders would be happy with I suppose. LMAX on the other hand offers exchange traded spot fx (so no broker acting as counterparty) and also exchange traded CFDs, which are cleared by LCH.Clearnet - so less counterparty and credit risk.

However, the majority of NinjaTrader brokers are future brokers and the CFDs offering is quite limited. This makes NinjaTrader far less useful for European customers after this tax is introduced, which would not only be a risk for us European traders, but also for NinjaTrader LLC.

(I'm not affiliated with LMAX by the way, or any other party for that matter. Just worried about the implications of the FTT.)

Comment

J_o_s ...and anyone seeking connectivity to LMAX exchange through NinjaTrader. I can hook you up with a solution developped with unique features in mind : [email protected]
                          Last edited by SARdynamite; 01-05-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Hi Ninja Team,

any update on this topic? That would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

We have no additional information at this time. Thanks for checking in.
                              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Anfedport  
                              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes