Collapse

Lmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any workaround proposed in the mean time? Something that could be developed by developers outside Ninja using some Ninja API? LMAX C# API is quite straight forward so that is not the problem
    Last edited by AlgoNaute; 01-02-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

There is no public API that we could support.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi,

Any update about LMAX support ?

LMAX API:

LMAX Exchange Application Programming Interface (API) technology enables clients to automate FX trading and CFD trading. With messages available in XML/JSON format clients can either choose to develop their own wrapper or use our customisable Client Libraries (Java, .NET) or our FIX protocol to simplify the integration.

Regards

Comment

We do not have any additional information. I'd suggest checking in closer to the release of the next major version. While we do not have an ETA on that release at this time, we should have more information what that happens.

Comment

Hi Ninjatrader team,

Can you provide us with any information at all about this? A little bit of detail would be very welcome... at least give us some idea of how likely it is to be included in NT8?

Surely anything better than a "No information" post.

Comment

It is too early in the development process to say anything one way or another. I know that is not what you want to hear, but there really is nothing more we can comment at this time on this subject.

Our CEO is conducting a live webinar next Wednesday Feb 27th 2013 @ 4:30PM ET on Big Mike Trading.com - You may consider registering for this event and take the opportunity to ask your questions at that time:

Yes, I understood that a portfolio of strategies wasn't supported. However, I didn't understand if they were scheduled to fix the managing of multiple instruments in a single strategy. I think this is more a confirmation than a question, I've now watched the recording of the last session and closely watched the Strategy Analyser part. Firstly, very impressed with the workflow and version control assistance [keen to get the hands on it and see how to use it in practice]. Secondly, unfortunately, …

Comment

I'll add another vote for LMAX in NT8.
                I hope this makes it into v8...

Looks like even MT4/5 can connect via a bridge.
                LMAX Global - delivers fast, secure and flexible access to help optimise trading.

LMAX Group is a global, high-growth, award-winning financial technology company. We operate one global marketplace for FX – enabling transparency, open access and a level playing field for all market participants.

LMAX API access agreement:
                www.lmax.com/pdf/LMAX-API-Agreement.pdf
                LMAX Global - delivers fast, secure and flexible access to help optimise trading.
                Last edited by Obsidian; 03-14-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I know its only just over 1 month later, any firm yes / no news on LMAX?

They have the best spreads out there http://www.lmax.com/
                  If NT wants to cover FX in greater depth, LMAX are one of the key players now.
                  I still find it surprising that NT7 hasn't been updated to support LMAX,
                  especially as some of the NT supported brokers (only a few) have broken
                  links, no longer support NT or are not as high profile:

http://www.eminis.com/ Broken / dead link
                  http://www.forex.com/uk/trading-platforms/overview.html No Ninja support mentioned
                  http://www.rcgdirect.com/Trading-Pla...Platforms.aspx No Ninja support mentioned
                  http://www.timeleveragecapital.com/ No Ninja support mentioned

TBH I am seriously considering going with multi charts,
                  I don't want to, but in a choice of costs Vs platform, costs have to win.
                  If LMAX support is going to happen within 6-9 months, I can live with that.
                  I really would prefer to stay with Ninja (with LMAX broker support).
                  Here's hoping

Comment

As well as Multi charts and Meta Trader, Sierra supports LMAX:
                    Sierra Chart is a professional Trading platform for the financial markets. Supporting Manual, Automated and Simulated Trading.

I hope Ninja follow suit, the competition are supporting LMAX now.
                    With Ninjas new FX features, LMAX would be a perfect match - lowest costs around.

In case the management of Ninja are unaware, LMAX was initially started by Betfair,
                    which revolutionised sports betting with exchanges.
                    LMAX is now doing the same thing with FX.

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

113 page thread at forex factory shows the interest.
                    If Ninja supported LMAX, Ninja would be one of the best, if not the best supporting platform.
                    Which in turn would mean more license revenue for Ninja.
                    Ninjas new FX features, code wizard and LMAX would be a powerful combination.
                    Last edited by Obsidian; 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian View Post
                      As well as Multi charts and Meta Trader, Sierra supports LMAX:
                      Sierra Chart is a professional Trading platform for the financial markets. Supporting Manual, Automated and Simulated Trading.
                      No news?

Maybe it's good enough because of it seems like NinjaTrader doesn't do anything about it.

Multi & Sierra are two great platforms. Meta is too long supported.....

Comment

We do not have any additional information at this time.

Comment

What is the news? Already many people want to LMAX!

Comment

Thank you for your post iwahc, I've logged this as a vote in for this feature to be added.

Comment

Lmax

Hi,

I´m a LMAX satisfied customer , and do not understand why I can't use my favorite software for trading: NINJATRADER.

It seems there are many traders thinking the same, and I´m sure a big company like this, will give us a solution asap.

Thanks in advance

Toni from Ibiza

Comment

Originally posted by SARdynamite View Post
                                J_o_s ...and anyone seeking connectivity to LMAX exchange through NinjaTrader. I can hook you up with a solution developped with unique features in mind : [email protected]
                                @SARdynamite - could you explain how your LMAX API solution would work?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post emuns