Transferring NT 7.0.1000.7 from one computer to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
    Can you tell me what specific error message you are receiving.
    Same as this thread.

"Ninjascript files can't be restored, since they would corrupt your installation".

Comment

On your home PC please check for NinjaScript errors as outlined in post #2. Next please export the files again and attempt to import on your work PC again.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        On your home PC please check for NinjaScript errors as outlined in post #2. Next please export the files again and attempt to import on your work PC again.
        Ok. No errors.

Now how do I export the UserDefinedMethods I don't see them there?

Comment

If the UserDefinedMethods are not included they can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Strategy folder and Indicator folder usually at the bottom labeled UserDefinedMethods.cs.

When copying these files to your other PC please have NinjaTrader closed and move the existing files to another location on your PC such as your Desktop then move the files from the home PC into the required folders.

Comment

Ok i got same thing going on with ninja script error

my motherboard got hit by lighting bought use MB similar to what I had and manged to down load a back up from hard drives before reformatting them
            reloaded windows 7 64 bit ( back up same 64 bit)

reloaded Ninja from website , when I restore i am getting "cannot restore script files because will corrupt...."

so is there a way i can fix my back up ? when I do the edit Ninja script and compile i dont get error messages to fix the corrupt indicators ?

Thank you for your time and Input

Curtis

Comment

Unfortunately there is not a way to fix the errors within the Backup file. Are you attempting to Restore using the Backup file from another PC? If so you would need to fix the errors on the other machine then create a new Backup file.

Comment

on my testing PC my Ninja indicator files are all messed up and I only know enough coding to be dangerous that's why i have a test PC to learn more. , How do I simply start all over again with Ninja ? short of reloading Win 7 Pro ?

Thank you
                Curtis

Comment

Hello Curtis,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

Close all running applications.
                  Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                  From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                  Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.

Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.

Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).

Reboot your machine.

Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                  CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post futtrader  
                  Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes